Wine Bar, New York City

65 2nd Avenue. (212) 777-1608

Know about this? Rate It!

Outside seating
    by Gypsystravels
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Wine Bar: When missing Ovo...

by cjg1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This wine bar is what has become of my favorite restaurant in the city. Ovo. Now though, they have high tables and stools. Very good selection of the wines. I am happy with this place. But every time I go I find myself missing the old.

Dress Code: They do not have a dress code here. Or at least I've seen nothing that would imply it.

• Wine Tasting

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Wine Bar: Wine Tasting

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 4, 2011

Outside seating

Cute place (use to be the old OVO) with some excellent wine. They usually have wine tastings that you can sign up for which they pair with some excellent appetizers.

I've been here a few times and the last time I was here we attended the wine tasting. The wines were quite good.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Wine Bar: GREAT WINE AND SO SO COMPANY

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is the wine bar SES used to frequent with me in summer of 2005. They offer a teriffic selection of wines, but it's so loud here that you can barely hear yourself think. For me the atmospher doesn't work. The whole purpose of going out for drinks is so you can talk to your company not so you can shout above the people sitting next to you. It is a bit quieter on the patio, but if its raining that won't help. I have to admit that he did all of the ordering so I haven't a clue as to what we had, but believe you me, each glass of wine was fantastic.

Dress Code: None that I know of, but be reasonable.

• Singles

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels