Know about this? Rate It!
all the good food, and drinks. A real market with the most, and take in the historic New York.
Hours: Monday - Saturday: 7am to 9pm, Sundays: 8am to 7pm
Address: 75 9th Avenue (Between 15th and 16th Streets), New York, NY 10011
- Arts and Culture
- Wine Tasting
- Food and Dining
Subway Tribute to 9/11
In a passageway at the Union Square/14th Street Subway station a simple memorial to those who lost their lives in New York City on 9/11 can be seen.
Names, home towns and the date, September 11, 2001 have been printed on labels; and the labels have been stuck to the subway tiles.
Some of the labels have worn away or been peeled away. It is not a permanent memorial; but it is a moving experience. The enormity of the loss and destruction is given an intimate, personal dimension.
To locate this memorial, enter the Union Square/14th St. Subway station from one of the entrances along Union Square West.
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
Union Square Farmer's Market
On Saturday mornings, the farmers bring in all kinds of good and set up stalls on Union Square.
Even if you are not out to buy anything, it makes for interesting people watching.
The Greenflea market. Columbus Av at 77th. Antiquities, metal kangaroos, food, you name it, chances are you can find it here. A pleasant way to spend an hour or so on the weekend.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
New York City Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Naga City
- Edenderry Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Trimulgherry Hotels
- Cedar Creek Battlefield Hotels
- Simpang Morib Hotels
- Monterey Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- Bikaner Off The Beaten Path
- Within a 3 Hour Drive
- Palm Coast.
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Vienna Off The Beaten Path
- Alaska Off The Beaten Path
- Marken - Monnickendam
- Tehachapi Off The Beaten Path
- Strasbourg Off The Beaten Path