Amici II, New York City

3.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

165 Mulberry St., New York, NY 10013 (212) 334-3869

• My son savoring his spaghetti and meatballs
    My son savoring his spaghetti and...
    by stamporama
  • Amici II
    by acemj
  • miniman2804's Profile Photo

Amici 2: Impressive and fun Italian

by miniman2804 Written Oct 11, 2009

Crowded, buzzing - a good Italian in Little Italy. Service slick and efficient. Pictures on the walls of celebs and possibly some gangsters. Food - standard cosmopolitan Italian, but I felt above average in quality and taste.

Favorite Dish: Linguine with giant shrimp and mushrooms in a vodka sauce.

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Amici II: Italian-cooked Italian food

by stamporama Written Jun 5, 2008

The resto itself is not so impressive, after all you go here for the food and if it tastes good, who cares what the place looks like? Well, their walls are pasted with a lot of photos of people who have obviously eaten there. I have not seen a picture of anybody rich or famous though I admit I only looked at the ones right beside my table.

Favorite Dish: I ordered lasagna and they prepared the way I loved it -- with lots of cheese and overflowing tomato sauce! Definitely a lot better than what they serve at Sbarro!

My son savoring his spaghetti and meatballs

• acemj's Profile Photo

Amici II: Decent Italian

by acemj Written Sep 1, 2003

Mulberry Street is the heart of Little Italy and my friends Elizabeth and Jennifer were really more interested in eating quickly so they could get to more important matters . . . namely, shopping in adjacent Chinatown. So after strolling along Mulberry for a couple blocks, we decided to take advantage of the great weather and grab a table at this place. The food took a long time and was decent, but nothing to write home about. I've heard from locals that most of the Little Italy restaurants have slipped in quality and, ironically, you're better off eating Italian elsewhere.

Favorite Dish: I had Chicken Scarpariele (not sure if that's spelled correctly), which is a garlic and olive oil based chicken and pasta dish. It was good, just not spectacular.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Amici II
4.5 out of 5 stars