Angelica's Kitchen, New York City

by kleverkimberley
  • kleverkimberley's Profile Photo

Angelica's Kitchen: Yummy Organic Vegan restaurant

by kleverkimberley Updated Mar 29, 2005

Okay. I'm not a vegan, or a vegetarian. In fact, I'm a very avid fan of all the good flavours of meat.

That being said, my vegetarian friend also loved the place! Both in quality of food and waitstaff are among the best of been lucky enough to find.

To be a typical carnivore but for a moment, I was very surprised by all of the strong, wonderful flavours and the variety of interesting combinations,... who knew?

**I can't say I knew the entire time what I was eating, but the waitstaff was very helpful and knowledgeable. There were NO snooty looks when you asked "silly questions". Just helpful answers.

All in all, I'll be going back, often. If you are vegan/vegetarian, I can't imagine you'll be disappointed. If you're not, really do give it a shot anyways. It's a truly authentic New York experience and you may just end up liking vegetables more then you thought!

Favorite Dish: Kukicha Tea (they serve it hot or cold. Our waiter recommended hot and he was very right - yum!)

**Their house salads have fresh sunflower sprouts in them -YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I had their special of the day last time that was out of this world... it was a variation of potato pancakes with sweet potatoes... if you're so lucky as to be there when that's the special of the day, get it! You won't regret it.

• Eco-Tourism

• jglsongs's Profile Photo

Angelica's Kitchen: You CAN find a good vegan restaurant: Angelica's

by jglsongs Updated Jan 14, 2004

Always packed, Angelica's Kitchen is as close to gourmet as vegan/vegetarian food can be. If you're not vegan (as I'm not), you will still find a good meal here. If you're a big coffee drinker at dessert, you're out of luck (no real coffee, no dairy).

The atmosphere is great and the food is reasonable. Tables are close together, so you do have close proximity to your neighbors. Still, that's not bad- I've eaten dinner there sitting next to Matt Damon - and that's worth its weight in hijiki.

Favorite Dish: It's all worth trying and enjoying.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Angelica's Kitchen
678 Opinions