BLT Steak, New York City

106 E. 57th Street 212-752-7470

• jill, proserpina, nicolaitan and mikebb 6/16/07
    jill, proserpina, nicolaitan and mikebb...
    by nicolaitan
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

BLT Steak: Upmarket Steak Restaurant

by Mikebb Updated Jul 29, 2007

Our Table

This is a 5 star restaurant , beautiful decor, superb food, and excellent service. We were taken to this restaurant by VT member Nicolaitan and his wife who regularly dine here. We started with a share plate and martinis, followed by superb steaks for main course, the porterhouse was thick and juicy and the largest steak I have ever eaten, served with a huge baked potato and a side dish of fried onions it was truly a meal to remember.
    For anyone looking for a special restaurant whilst in New York City I certainly recommend you consider BLT ( Bistro Laurent Tourondel). Expect to pay $90pp without drinks.

Favorite Dish: Steak

• angelcs's Profile Photo

BLT Steak: I love the bread

by angelcs Written May 2, 2007

I went there during lunch hours and is cheaper that way. I don't really know about the need of a reservation but is nice if you do that. I went there along with my friend and I am surrounded with a bunch of business suit people =) Yet it gets kinda of noisy during lunch hours.

Favorite Dish: The bread served before your main dish. The smell is just WONDERFUL, and you cand taste the cheese too.
    I don't recommend the onion rings though.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

BLT Steak: This Is Not About Sandwiches

by nicolaitan Updated Dec 28, 2005

BLT Steak is Bistro Laurent Tourondel, owned by a celebrity NY chef. This haute steakhouse is French-tinged and offers superb food at high prices. Decor is modern slick American with dark walls, beautiful ebony wood tables, and square white plates. Service is equally slick, by a young staff. The $12 martinis are excellent and there is a decent selection of wines by the glass. Appetizers and salads $10-12, entrees from $24 for hanger steak and chicken to $79 for a porterhouse for two. Most entrees are $30-40. These include several fish dishes - the chef was formerly at Cello, which emphasized fish, and are probably awfully good. Side orders for the entrees are $8-9 - tower of onion rings, good french fries, veggies, and a small but delicious mushroom combination. Desserts $10-12 including a great sundae and assorted cakes with designer-flavored ice creams. Including tax and tip, you can escape for under $200 although an average bill will be closer to $225. . Very expensive, but I have to say this - a great restaurant and well worth the money for a special evening.

Favorite Dish: Steak, steak, and steak - we had the big porterhouse, and it was done beautifully. The $12 chopped salad was perfect with a great dressing. And the martinis were, of course, as good as they can be. Attention should be directed to the side dishes, so often an afterthought at steak houses. There are 8 varieties of potatoes. The beer-battered onion rings are crunchy not soggy and the onions are large and perfectly cooked. The creamed spinach is flavored with a touch of garlic - wow. These are not throwaways. This is a terrific restaurant for a big splurge - worth the money.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near BLT Steak
4.0 out of 5 stars