Buttercup Bake Shop, New York City

Devil's Food Cupcakes
    Rice Krispie Bars
    Red Velvet Cupcakes
  • Phalaenopsis03's Profile Photo

(OPEN) Buttercup Bake Shop: Sugar Rush!

by Phalaenopsis03 Updated Sep 22, 2011
    Lady Baltimore cake

One of the highlights of living where I did was that my apartment was right across Buttercup Bake Shop. Could head over there anytime I craved sugar.

Favorite Dish: My absolute faves include: Lady Baltimore cake (almond-flavored white cake filled with coconut, candied cherries, cookie crumbs and almonds frosted with meringue and topped with coconut, cookie crumble and cherry halves), angel food cake, and banana pudding. All were super delicious!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Buttercup Bake Shop: Red Velvet Cupcakes!

by cjg1 Updated Sep 10, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I've always enjoyed the cupcakes from Buttercup. Liz and Antoinette had never had their cupcakes so off we went. Red Velvet cupcakes were our choice. I hate to admit it but Liz makes better Red Velvet cake and for less than it cost to buy a cupcake. She wasn't impressed by the cupcake and remarked that she could do better before I even got the words out of my mouth.

The Banana Pudding is very good here; so much so that I had to have a small container to take home.

• tim_japan's Profile Photo

Buttercup Bake Shope: The Best Cupcakes!

by tim_japan Written May 25, 2009

If you are a cupcake freak like me, you will think you have died and gone to heaven. The most amazing cupcakes - red velvet cake, German chocolate, and sour cream spice. Need I say more. There is a West and an East side location - with the West side oddly enough charging .30 cents more a cupcake. Oh, and think pre-artisan anything...this is good old homemade baking at its' finest.

Favorite Dish: Lady Baltimore Cake - An almond-flavored white cake filled with coconut, candied cherries, cookie crumbs and almonds. Frosted with meringue and topped with coconut, cookie crumble and cherry halves. I love cherries!!!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Buttercup Bake Shop: The Red Velvet Cupcake

by Gypsystravels Written Feb 26, 2008

This small bake shop which specializes in cupcakes and layer cakes has a really nice selection of delicious sweets.

My favorite is the Red Velvet. A velvety cupcake with vanilla frosting, yum!! There is one located just a few blocks from my apartment on 2nd Avenue and whenever I want a little treat I’ll stop by on my way home.

Favorite Dish: The Red Velvet Cupcake

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Buttercup Bake Shop: Wonderful Bakery!

by Laura_Mexico Updated Oct 10, 2006
    Bakery's menu! YUMMY!

If you have a sweet tooth as I do, Buttercup Bake Shop will be heaven for you.... Again, this is a discovery I made thanks to my friend Torrie (my talented tourist guide in NYC!) and I really loved it... I stopped by thrice during my stay to buy sweets :-P

This a quite small bakery where they make old fashioned desserts, being cupcakes their specialty... and boy do they have a good variety of good quality products! They have many kinds of cupcakes, I tasted 3 of them and pretty much liked all of them (the chocolate cakes were a bit too much for me)... they're fresh, they're tasty and it's something I had never eaten before, so I definitely enjoyed the experience... they also have full sized cakes, pudding and trifle, and coffee to drink with all of those gorgeous pastries! Highly recommended for a sweet visit!

Favorite Dish: The red velvet and golden/vanilla cupcakes... the banana pudding is also very good!

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Buttercup Bake Shop   : Old Fashion Cakes and Brownies

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Feb 13, 2005

Buttercup Bake Shop

This is an old fashioned bakery specializing in cakes, cupcakes, and bars. The only other place where I have found cakes like these is in the south in places like Pensacola, Florida and Fairhope, Alabama.

For further customer reviews check out this website.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the coconut cake. Runnerup is the German Chocolate.

• Women's Travel
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Buttercup Bake Shop
4.0 out of 5 stars