Dervish, New York City

146 West 47th 212-997-0070

• Ummm Ummm.  Roasted meat and Turkish beers.
    Ummm Ummm. Roasted meat and Turkish...
    by 850prc
    Restaurant view
    by Bavavia
  • 850prc's Profile Photo

Dervish: Kebab Central near Times Square

by 850prc Written Feb 5, 2007

Ummm Ummm.  Roasted meat and Turkish beers.

We arrived in NYC most recently on a late Friday afternoon. We had a show date at 8 pm and needed a place close to our hotel for dinner. Driving in, we'd passed Dervish, a Turkish place on 47th street. I called them up and was able to secure a table for three on short notice.

Excellent Turkish food, wonderful service and fine pricing. Overall, a great place for a mid-level meal before the show.

Favorite Dish: I had a wonderful kebab featuring minced beef and lamb, coupled with a wheat bulgar pilaf and side veggies. As an appetizer, we all loved the spinach and cheese finger pies. My daughter also had the obligatory stuffed grape leaves.

Bonnie and I also tried a Turkish Beer...can't remember the name, but it was pretty good.

Overall value was very good... including a couple of beers each for Bonnie and I, dinner was only $75 for all three of us.

I had to skip the afterdinner Turkish coffee because I was short on time. If I visit in the future, I'll put in the order for afterdinner TC well in advance. :)

Also, I did note that Dervish had a moderate selection of vegetarian dishes, for my non-meat eating VT pals.

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Dervish Turkish Restaurant: Turkish cuisine

by Bavavia Updated Jul 16, 2005

Restaurant view

There are so many choices for food from lower priced to extremely highly priced places...you will have no problem finding a place to eat in Manhattan. There are restaurants every other building , so you walk by many and all have their own distinctive character. I tried several by just discovering them and trying them out and all have been great! One that was exceptional was the Dervish Restaurant in midtown

Favorite Dish: chicken kebabs and rice!!!! yum!!! and a nice chardonnay of course!
    Update 7/15/05: Had dinner and it was out of this world. The food here is excellent. Reminds me of the food I had in Istanbul and Syria. Perfectly spiced and presented......just great. I love this restaurant and keep going back. The atmosphere is great too. Perfect location, very tastefully decorated. Just a nice nice restaurant, reasonably priced, and the best middle eastern food...Highly recommended!!!!!!!!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Dervish
3.5 out of 5 stars