Garage Restaurant and Cafe, New York City

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Garage Restaurant and Cafe: OK Brunch and Great Company

by cjg1 Updated Apr 16, 2008

Liz & I enjoying brunch

This was a place we'd been meaning to get into for quite a while. I think we've canceled about six reservations along the way. But finally we made it for Saturday afternoon brunch with a bunch of friends.

I liked the place for the most part. It was busy but not bad and the staff was nice even if they were not as attentive as we would have required that day. The bartender was funny and happy to see us as we waited for some of our friends to park.

They had no problem taking our party of five even though we had reserved for four although we did call before arriving to confirm that.

Favorite Dish: I had the steak and eggs. It adds $5 to the price of the brunch along with the unlimited drinks adding another $6 to it. So at $26.95 for brunch its not a great bargain. But the side order of onion rings made it worth my time and effort.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Garage Restaurant and Cafe: Shallot Encrusted Filet Mignon

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 26, 2007

Enjoy the wonderful music

Before venturing out for another Geisha get together, we needed some grub in the belly. We decided to stop in and check this place out. We were lucky, the food was excellent and so was the company!!

They have a piano man doing some great jazz numbers and an upstairs to take it all in. The food was very good.

Favorite Dish: We started our evening with the sauted Maryland and Lobster cake, it was heavenly. I then ordered the Shallot Encrusted Filet Mignon (so much food, I couldn't eat it all)!! Wow, the beef was so tender!!

• shutterlust's Profile Photo

Garage Restaurant and Cafe: eat and listen - JAZZ

by shutterlust Written Jun 5, 2006

This place is famous for its free live jazz ensembles, ambient, lively, warm, decor (there are fireplaces!) and food! I mean, live jazz at dinner, how more New York can you really get?! I love this place so much I wanted to have my 21st Birthday here, but alas, my friends insisted on a bar. :-/ Oh well, next time, Garage. It's a great place and I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Favorite Dish: It's a steak and seafood restaurant so you really can't go wrong here. They've got a great brunch though and late night dinners.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Garage: Sunday Brunch

by acemj Written Jan 26, 2004

At noon on Sundays, this place offers a reasonably priced Jazz Brunch. The lighting is low and the the food is good. You'll have your choice of drinks (including Bloody Mary's) and food such as Belgian Waffles, Omelettes and Steak and Eggs. I had a Portobello Mushroom served over scramble eggs. All this for $13.95 ain't bad.

The jazz was relaxing and after a long night partying in NYC, was a good way to ease into the next day.

The rest of the week, this place is an oyster bar/ restaurant/ jazz club.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Garage Restaurant and Cafe
4.0 out of 5 stars