Jekyll & Hyde, New York City

• Jekyll & Hyde
    by MadelineL
    Barman
    by trevndebs
  • Jekyll & Hyde: THE BEST PLACE MY CHILDREN WENT IN NYC!

by MadelineL Updated Aug 24, 2010

I have been here before & it was always wonderful but this last Sun night, I brought my two little girls in and they were spoiled!! Eric and the staff gave them so much attention (while spoiling all the other customers too!)..they had a tour upstairs and down, met the characters running around and drank their Shirley Temples! My girls said that this was the BEST part of our trip to NYC (it even beat American Girl, all the shopping, other restaurants, museums--everything to them!!)...I had no idea that they would love it so much but I think the wildly excellent service was what pushed them over the top! The theme and decor is excellent too..I completely recommend this place esp if Eric is around--you will LOVE it! Bring your family! We will go now every time...3

• Theme Park Trips

• JEKY AND HYDE: A MUST SEE WHILE IN NYC!

by briankelly Written May 14, 2009

Jekyll and Hyde is a very fun and unique place. They have an incredible atmosphere filled with all these wild collections are artifcats as well as special effects and things that come to life and talk to you. There are also all these great characters walking around and visitng with you. There are little shows going all the time. There are 4 different floors all with different entertainment. The food was good and the portions were large. Nothing else like it that I have ever seen.

Favorite Dish: I loved my hamburger and my friends enjoyed the pasta and he pizza.

• Jekyll and Hyde Club: All Hyde No Jekyll

by poppyrich Written Jan 6, 2009

Warning: If you ever read any positive reviews of this dump anywhere, chances are they were written by an employee/relative.

This restaurant does not deserve a place in the boondocks let alone NYC. The staff is rude and unprofessional. Their training seems limited to the cheesy "entertainment" in which they strut around making inane conversation and insulting patrons in the name of casual fun. Our waitress took 30 minutes to serve 4 glasses of water. She spent a lot more time chatting up the youngsters at the next table who came in after us and for whom she left our table without taking our order for food. When she returned for the order, she came without a pen and took 10 minutes to return with one!! When we reminded her that we had requested water she responded rudely that she only had two hands. We waited over an hour for 1 pizza, 1 chicken salad, 1 side of veggies and 1 plate buffalo wings, then we left without eating. In the meantime we got flat beer, and watered down Pepsi instead of ginger ale, at intervals of 20 minutes after which the waitress disappeared altogether and never came back. The Manager was this kid who looked scarcely old enough to even be serving alcoholic beverages, he was completely apathetic to our complaint and just shrugged saying that food preparation takes time.

If anyone ever finds themselves in New York City at a time when there is no other restaurant open except this one, I urge you to find a hotdog stand. You will find the food, staff and service to be far superior.

• Jekyl and Hyde Club: Worst Meal I can remember!

by cptericson Written Nov 4, 2008

15 teaching staff took a party of 130 teenage students from the U.K. to the Jekyll and Hyde club a couple of nights ago. I can't actually recollect a meal I've had as bad as this one. They were charged over $50 a head for undercooked burgers and chicken (many were actually frozen inside!!) and pizza, which simply defied description. We came in three equal sized groups; out of the first 70 meals, which came out, about 58 were returned. These meals later came out of the kitchen still undercooked. Our students aren't particularly fussy, but there wasn't a single positive comment about it. No refunds were offered; just a lame, insincere apology. Having put the health of our students at risk on this massive scale during a holiday for which the children had saved for two years, I had no option but to contact the city Health Department. The kitchen of this establishment can't be functioning properly with this level of problem evident, Avoid this place!!! We certainly will. Absolutely appalled. A poor reflection on this great city!

• boltonian's Profile Photo

Jekyll & Hyde: Food and Freaks

by boltonian Written Jan 12, 2008

This is a dinner show as well as a bar.

Your meal is seved by men and women dressed up as horror movie characters. Prepare to be insulted, it is part of the fun. Every ten minutes, there is some sort of show, with statues coming to life etc.

The toilets are hidden behind a secret book case.

There are several themed rooms, when it is busy, you can ask for a particular room.

Great fun, nice food, not a bad price.

There are several other locations now in NYC (One in Greenwich etc).

• DaniAubaut's Profile Photo

Jekyll & Hyde: Great place!! Go there and take lots of pictures!!

by DaniAubaut Written Aug 12, 2007

Great place for travellers. If you like great scary caracters of thge movies don´t miss this place. The decoration is fantastic, even resembles a Disney restaurant, or atraction. The food is very good, there are lots of dishes like sandwiches, snacks, and yammy things. There are some perfomances during the night: a skeleton´s band, witches dancing on the top of the tables, animated masks and portraits on the walls, an eletric chair. There are thousands of things to take pictures. Great music and ambiance.

• School Holidays

• Jekyll & Hyde: Please just don't waste your time here

by shelby929 Updated Jan 10, 2007

I read the reviews on this site and since they were so mixed, I decided to try this place with 3 of my friends with their daughter and her date. The date was trying to please my friend's daughter, hence, that is why we went here in the first place.

We arrived and thought the outside decor was really cute. So, thinking that, we thought we would be in for a treat. Unfortunately the $2.50 charge for "so called" entertainment which was soooo un-entertaining is a total ripoff. It costed us $12.50 just to get "in"...and believe me there is really NO talent in here ...just mechanical engineering like in the neighborhood carnival fun houses that have no pizazz. The waiters/waitresses are "dressed up" and talk to you like you are an abnomaly, which my friends and I didn't consider talent. Instead it was an insult to one's intelligence.

I cannot see taking children here. It's a waste of time. The decor is really true to the theme but that is all. The sounds are loud (lightning and thunder) and is disrupting to the conversation around you. And I could go on and on.

The food here is not only mediocre as in some other comments here, but it is downright bland and tasteless.....and to add insult to injury it is also quite expensive for the offering. Between the tax and the entertainment (phew) fee and the cost of the food, why not go somewhere where you can enjoy the meal and go to a real show instead. Zero out of 5 stars here. If you go, bring PLENTY of cash AND expect to be very disappointed.

Favorite Dish: NONE

• Study Abroad

• Jekyll & Hyde: The most fun I had in New York!

by sallyrt Written Nov 12, 2006

This is a very unique and fun place. Great food, friendly service and very unusual atmosphere. They have these crazy shows that go on every few minutes. I loved the sinking bar stools and the hidden bathrooms. Do not miss the Frankenstein show!

Favorite Dish: I loved the Jekyll Burger. Large portions and really tasty!

• Beer Tasting

• Jekyll & Hyde: Noisy, and scary -- not in a good way!

by tamarann Written Oct 27, 2006

The concierge at my hotel heard "6 year old child" and nothing else when I asked for a recommendation of a restaurant that would entertain him, but allow the adults to visit. I must say, the 6 year old was enchanted and had a great time. But the rest of us have stories to tell from Jekyl and Hyde! The restaurant is terribly noisy... absolutely no possibility to chat. Shows and "events" are continually happening. Our food was fine, nothing special... just above fast-food quality. The wait staff was very slow and not attentive. Now, I know this is NYC and I was there in the summer, but I feel the need to mention this: I was wearing flip flops on my feet, and kept itching as dinner when on. The place is very dark, so I didn't look to figure out what was itching my feet. Near the end of the evening, my gentleman companion brushed a COCKROACH off the SHOULDER of my friend. Ick! How'd it get all the way up there? Now I know why my feet were itching. I'd wouldn't go back. Marginal food, bad service, dirty, noisy.

• Jekyll & Hyde: Not worth every penny

by kearnj Written Oct 14, 2006

They play Jekyll & Hyde to be something worth experiencing, as it turns out, they rip you off for every dollar they can squeeze out of you. Want a refill? $3; want fries with that? $3; want to be entertained? $2.50 p/person at your table; add on another $5 if you want to share a plate?; will we serve you overpriced, microwaved Burger King-esque sandwiches? most definitely. It's essentially a tourist trap.

Don't go unless you are absolutely dying to see it for yourself. Not worth any amount of time, effort, or money.

• Jekyll & Hyde: Disappointed

by Allaroundtown Written Sep 5, 2006

The decor inside the club is actually pretty cool & when you go in you really think you're going to enjoy it. I think most of our problem was we were stuck in a back table right next to the kitchen. The entertainment was kinda blah and they never really made their way over to our table. My burger & my friends burger were not cooked but my husband & kids seemed to like their food so maybe that was an isolated thing. Still, if you're paying $14-$16 for a burger, you'd like to eat it. Our waiter was not the nicest person, waving his hands at us to hand him our plates & acting like we had some nerve to ask for refills & ketchup. I understand the place is very busy & he needs to hustle but not at the customers expense. It wasn't worth the money, time or the $2.50 entertainment fee per person. I have enjoyed other theme restaurants & not minded the fee, this one was just overpriced & a let down. The kids liked it so at least it wasn't a total waste?

• Singles

• kucha's Profile Photo

Jekyll and Hyde Club: Spooky Kid Fun

by kucha Written Jul 6, 2006

Facade of the Jekyll and Hyde Club in Midtown NY

Looking for something to entertain the kids with after a long day of museums and grown-up fare? Try this haunted mansion restaurant with four floors of live interactive entertainment and spooky special effects! They will love it!

Favorite Dish: Pretty typical burgers and "American" fare, but not bad. It's mostly about the atmosphere.

• trevndebs's Profile Photo

Jekyll & Hyde: Great Atmosphere

by trevndebs Written Jun 6, 2005

Barman

Typical American menu, BBQ Steaks and Burgers but the best thing is the interior design.
    As you may gather from the title, it's all to do with Jekyll & Hyde and it's excellent.
    You're met at the door by the staff in costumes and just getting in is a performance, literally!
    Inside, it's spread over 3 floors, each with its own bar and on the ground floor there's a stage area where all through the evening they perform different acts, which can be seen from upstairs as well, so you don't miss out on the fun.
    A great evenings entertainment for all ages

Favorite Dish: The Burgers were huge.

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Jekyll & Hyde: Jekyll & Hyde

by lashr1999 Written Sep 26, 2004

Jekyll & Hyde

There are several themes levels and rooms in the place, some are better than others. There is a show every half hour with all of the characters. It's an great experience for those with children or for those who are a child at heart.The food is good but a little high price but keep in mind you are getting entertainment as well. Be prepared for a line since it is a popular spot at certain times in the day.

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Jekyll & Hyde: Social Club for Eccentric Explorers&Mad Scientists

by AliasGirl Written Sep 21, 2004
    Jekyll & Hyde

Actually, that is their logo.."A restaurant and social club for eccentri explorers and mad scientists"..

It is a themed restaurant that serves typical American themed restaurant fare - fajitas, nachos, buffalo wings, burgers, pasta dishes and all kinds of ghoulish drinks.

Its a fun place to visit anytime for a drink at the bar or a quick bite. Big tourist spot, but we would visit for Halloween and grab a drink or two with some appetizers.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Jekyll & Hyde
4.5 out of 5 stars