La Bonne Soupe, New York City

48 West 55th Street (212) 586-7650

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

La Bonne Soupe: A French Bistro in NYC

by TexasDave Updated Aug 20, 2009

A moderately priced French bistro in Midtown convenient to Rockefeller Center, which is about 5 blocks South; and Central Park, which is about 5 blocks to the North, and all the fancy stores along 5th Avenue.

Favorite Dish: The savory crepes and the fondues.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

La Bonne Soupe: Catman Do!

by cjg1 Written Jun 23, 2008

This is a nice small restaurant right on 55th between 5th and 6th avenues, an area with surprising many good restaurants.

We had a large group of 32 people this night so they put 20 of us in the back room followed by 12 more upstairs. I didn't get a chance to mingle with those upstairs but had a great time and met a few new people while reconnecting with many other.

Favorite Dish: Here I went with the Onion Soup. It was good and because it was so cold in the back room this night was just what I needed.

For dessert I made the mistake of having the chocolate mousse. Chocolate Jello brand pudding tastes better. But this wouldn't stop me from coming here again as the company was excellent and the service was very friendly and personal.

• heryanta's Profile Photo

La Bonne Soupe: French onion soup, anyone?

by heryanta Written Jul 18, 2007

Caught a cold during my first ever trip to New York so my friend who lived there took me out for a lunch because she thought the soup would make me better :)

I am glad that she did for this is a very nice charming little restaurant. Don't come here if you are planning to hold an intimate conversation since there's very little space in the restaurant and the tables are very close together.

The onion soup was just wonderful and I also can recommend the crepes. Service is slightly slow by New York standard but then again I went a day after Christmas so they were understaffed. Also, it gets really busy during lunch hour so be prepared to wait for 30 mins if you do not have a reservation.

• Broquers's Profile Photo

La Bonne Soupe: Great French Bistro

by Broquers Written Oct 26, 2003

Very Frecnh with red checked table cloths and a great atmosphere. I wasn't hugely hungry so went for the onion soup, but the rest of the menu looked very appetising and authentic, and it didn't break the bank.

Favorite Dish: We had really great onion soup and a fab bottle of red wine.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near La Bonne Soupe
3.5 out of 5 stars