La Vineria, New York City

19 West 55th Street, New York 10019 (212) 247 3400

Margie, Me and Willi
    by Gypsystravels
    Just us girls enjoying our wine
    by Gypsystravels
    April 27, 2003
    by cjg1
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

La Vineria: Great friendly, cozy place

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 21, 2009
    Margie, Me and Willi

I happened to stumble upon this place one night when I was meeting with some friends after work for a few drinks and then dinner. We had already decided to have dinner at Rice n' Beans, so we were just looking for a place to enjoy a nice glass of wine pre-dinner. This restaurant is located just a few blocks from where we were to have dinner, so after looking at the nice selection of wines, including one that is a favorite of mine and Willi's, we decided to go inside and have a few glasses.

We were greeted by a really friendly waiter and taken to a table in the back (we later learned he's the owner's son). The restaurant is really nice with dark exposed brick walls and dark wood tables throughout. The bar was a nice size, but while we were here, the restaurant sadly was quite empty except for us and two other tables. We received excellent service and breadsticks and dipping sauces were brougt to our table along with our selecetion of wine.

We had an excellent time enjoying our drinks and talking to the owner.

**This restaurant was originally located in midtown at W. 55th Street.**

Favorite Dish: We were here for drinks, so we only ordered a few glasses of the DeLoach Chardonnay!!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

La Vineria: Small Italian in midtown

by cjg1 Updated Oct 27, 2006

It is a small Italian restaurant tucked away on 55th street between 5th and 6th avenues. It reminded me a lot of Sodini in San Francisco with a little more lighting.

Reservations come highly recommended here as it is a very small place. You will find them there to serve you for lunch and dinner daily while Sundays are only dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had the Penne "La Vineria". Quite good. Also saw a cut of meat come from the kitchen that would have taken me more than an hour to eat. Maybe next time I can try. I will go back.

Update. I did get back here. I had the black angus that I saw the last time I was here. I wanted it then but had just gotten my pasta. I got it this time and was, for good or bad, the talk of the meal the rest of the night.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

La Vineria: A taste of Italy

by Nathalie_B Updated Sep 15, 2003

Linguini with baby clams

Another mini-meeting took place in New York City on Mar 01,03. This time it was at La Vineria. Romantic Italian restaurant serves pizzas, salads, and pastas. Not cheap but worth visiting.

Favorite Dish: Linguini with baby clams with white wine and garlic.

• Mique's Profile Photo

La Vineria: Good for VT-meetings...

by Mique Updated May 25, 2003

Of course all kinds of italian dishes but in case you're looking for a really big steak. Price varies of course with what you eat. Al italian dishes are in the normal price range i think but the steak on the picture.. 45 dollars

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near La Vineria
3.5 out of 5 stars