Lucky Cheng’s, New York City

by kiwigal_1
  • magdalena2007's Profile Photo

Lucky Cheng’s: Drag with some chineese

by magdalena2007 Written Oct 8, 2007

I origionally put this tip under nightlife, but since it's a restaurant I'm going to put it here also.. This is a Chinese food restaurant with Drag Cabaret for entertainment. Before you go here, please go to their website so that you don’t get surprised by anything. I will try to explain it as easily as possible. I came here for my birthday several years ago and again recently for a bachelorette party. The food was pretty good, definitely not the best, but it’s still worth it. The entertainment is the main attraction and you will leave this place with an ear-to-ear smile on your face. All the entertainers are Men dressed as Women, some have had the surgery and you would not be able to tell that she was a man once. They dance and make you apart of the show –especially if it’s your bachelorette party or your birthday. I attached a picture of my friend (the bachelorette girl) getting a wedgy during her dance. The pictures do not do justice, just go to Lucky Cheng’s and see for yourself, but please have an open mind –all the Drag Queens are extremely nice and will make you laugh all night long.

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Lucky Changs: Lucky Changs - dinner and show

by kiwigal_1 Written Feb 22, 2007

Lucky Changs

The food was not really anything special at Lucky Changs however the real reason we went there was the entertainment. Lucky Changs is a Chinese restaurant with a twist... a drag queen twist at that! We had a ball watching and then as we got drunker participating in the show.

The restaurant usually has a couple of sittings and tries to get people to eat and leave pretty quickly in between shows to get more people in.

Favorite Dish: Can't remember much about the food. If I remember rightly we had a set menu kind of thing. The drinks were good and kept flowing :)

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels