Manhattan Diner, New York City

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Manhattan Diner: Classic American breakfasts

by toonsarah Updated Nov 12, 2008

Breakfast eggs

Wanting a change from our regular coffee and muffin, and in search of a more indulgent American style breakfast, we dropped into the Manhattan Diner on Broadway and found just what we looking for. The decor is classic diner, with an interesting selection of old photos of New York thrown in. The service was brisk but friendly, and it was clear from the number of regulars that this is a popular spot.

Favorite Dish: We both chose the simple “Two eggs, any style” breakfast – I had my eggs poached while Chris opted for his favourite “over medium”. The eggs were perfectly cooked and came with a generous portion of home fries. The coffee as always in such places was weaker than I like it, but I still took advantage of the free top-ups! We also both had a small orange juice, and the total bill came to $12.

Other breakfast options include omelettes, pancakes and waffles. Later in the day all the diner favourites are available – burgers, sandwiches, steaks, grills etc. We didn’t come back to sample any of these but I’ve seen some good reviews so I gather the standard is up to what we experienced at breakfast.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels