Manhattan Diner, New York City

3.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

2532 Broadway, New York 10025 (212) 932-0068.

Breakfast eggs
    by toonsarah
    on the corner, Manhattan diner
    by Segolily
  • toonsarah's Profile Photo

Manhattan Diner: Classic American breakfasts

by toonsarah Updated Nov 12, 2008

Wanting a change from our regular coffee and muffin, and in search of a more indulgent American style breakfast, we dropped into the Manhattan Diner on Broadway and found just what we looking for. The decor is classic diner, with an interesting selection of old photos of New York thrown in. The service was brisk but friendly, and it was clear from the number of regulars that this is a popular spot.

Favorite Dish: We both chose the simple “Two eggs, any style” breakfast – I had my eggs poached while Chris opted for his favourite “over medium”. The eggs were perfectly cooked and came with a generous portion of home fries. The coffee as always in such places was weaker than I like it, but I still took advantage of the free top-ups! We also both had a small orange juice, and the total bill came to $12.

Other breakfast options include omelettes, pancakes and waffles. Later in the day all the diner favourites are available – burgers, sandwiches, steaks, grills etc. We didn’t come back to sample any of these but I’ve seen some good reviews so I gather the standard is up to what we experienced at breakfast.

Breakfast eggs

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Manhattan Diner: A good way to start the day

by Segolily Written Jul 1, 2008

We ate here because it was convienient. It was a great way to start our visit to NYC. The servings were large with plenty of options, the service was friendly and good, the food tasty. I'm not sure I would do it every day, but it was fun for one visit.

on the corner, Manhattan diner

• dynamon72's Profile Photo

Key West Diner: A good breakfast in comfortable surroundings

by dynamon72 Written Dec 9, 2007

If you are looking for a good American breakfast, served pleasantly and efficiently by a smiling and friendly staff, this is the place. It was close to my hotel and was my favorite eating place. I was able to change the ingredients to my (Israeli/UK) taste and even got a decent cup of tea without a hitch! It made a good beginning to my day!

Favorite Dish: Other meals were served, apart from breakfast, and as it was Thanksgiving what looked like a a delicious cooked turkey appeared for serving later before I left the restaurant. I also noticed some really yummy looking cakes. But as I said I only had breakfast!

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• seabreezer's Profile Photo

The Manhattan Diner: Delightful diner!

by seabreezer Written Jul 15, 2007

An upmarket diner offering a wide range of mouth-watering food. Food portions are predictably huge and offer excellent value for money. Save room for the cheesecake!
    Interior and washrooms are nothing special, but the service is excellent.

Favorite Dish: Everything we ate was good!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels