Mars 2112, New York City

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Mars 2112: A good place for the young at heart

by lashr1999 Updated Sep 21, 2004

sis and I at  mars2112

A nice theme restaurant. I would say this place is where you would take your kids. There is a small ride which you get on before you enter the place. The cost of the ride is added to your bil. There is also a video game room and gift shop. There are various costume characters roaming around. The food is pretty good and the service and staff were great.

For adults, there is a bar area separated from the dining area.The bar offers "Mars-tinis" and "Cosmos-politans"

• sheeplike's Profile Photo

Mars 2112: Wild Ride, Great Decor and Average Food.

by sheeplike Written Mar 9, 2005

A disco ball, lazers, neon lights, and stars on the ceiling help create a other-world experiece. Seems to be a very popular place for birthday parties.

Be aware that there may be a person in the bathroom to "help" you wash up and expects money. I am not sure if they are suppost to be there.

Favorite Dish: It's not about the food. If it was they wouldn't be in business. I had the burger. Good mustard.

• mirko_p's Profile Photo

Mars 2112: A funny place to eat

by mirko_p Written Apr 30, 2004

If you like to take a journey to Mars, there's the place to go.
    At the entrance you'll enter into a space ship and you'll be sent to Mars.

Interior design it's really great and the waiters are aliens.

I suggest this place especially to people with childrens.
    Remember that there's an entrance fee of 2$ per person into the restaurant. This fee is for the Space ship simulator!!

• nikki_kdodd's Profile Photo

Mars 2112: Very Different Theme Restaurant

by nikki_kdodd Updated Mar 17, 2004

Mars 2112

We went to this Restaurant as we'd seen it advertised alot in NY. It's near Times Square and is called Mars 2112. It was a space theme (quel suprise!!!).
    Before you can go into the restaurant you have to go through a space ship simulation as if you are travelling to Mars (which makes you feel a tad sick). However, the Restaurant was really quite cool inside, the floor was all red and bumpy (as is Mars apparently) and there were people dressed as Aliens walking around. The food was ok (large portions as is customary in the US) although not as good as the surroundings and the service was reasonably fast.
    It was average prices for NY. Ideal place to go if you have children with you as there is a Games Room there too which would keep them occupied for a while!

• cherylzyx's Profile Photo

Mars 2112: Mars 2112

by cherylzyx Written Aug 25, 2002

A trip to Mars. We went at 6pm and didn't have to wait to get in. By the time we left there was quite a crowd. The theme was kind of goofy but fun if you play along. Our 'space captain' Jeff was hilarious. (No, the alien in this picture isn't Jeff...smile)

Favorite Dish: Martian Mama's chicken

• Mars 2112: great atmosphere & fun for family trips

by Allaroundtown Written Sep 5, 2006

As with most theme restaurants, you're going to pay more than you should for the food but the atmosphere & entertainment make up for it for us. Our first visit was the only time we took the *space ship ride* to get in. Every other time we've gone through the spedpass door. You just tell them you dont want to ride & you walk through a door & go into the bar. The place itself is just cool to look at. You feel like you're on the Red planet. It's a great open restaurant so you're not cramped in there & you can see where all the Aliens are while they walk around. Sometimes they can linger a little longer than you'd like at your table but especially if you're with kids, its ok because they are actually pretty funny. We've been there a few times & always enjoyed it. It isnt as busy as it used to be when it first opened but you're still better off at off times so you avoid a crowd.

• Singles

• April1985's Profile Photo

Mars 2112: If you like alians ...

by April1985 Written Sep 20, 2007

Well, it was like my first time in timesquare, and I heard about how funt his place was. Well, a group of my friends decided to go, and we were very unsatisfied. The place if fun I guess if you have kids and you want to have an "atmosphere" meal. The food sucked, and the price is expensive. And then you have these weird alians waltzing around your table and scaring the *** out of you. There has been a lot of press for this place, and celebs do often visit, but I wonder what their impression is ?!??? Fun for pictures, but for a place to really enjoy some food - go somewhere else.

Favorite Dish: I had a burger and the light was so dark I couldnt tell if it was done or not. You know, the glare from mars is kind of red. And it makes me think twice about eating my burger!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels