Metro Marche, New York City

Creme Brulee
  • roamer61's Profile Photo

Metro Marche: Fine food and Service

by roamer61 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food and service in this establishment was excellent. I had chosen it for a VT meet since the prices were good and the food selection was good. The ambience was fine as well and the location makes it perfect for either travels going to or coming from the Port Authority a block away, or theater goers.

Favorite Dish: I had a chicken caesar salad which was one of the best I've had. They added some spice by adding some peices of fish (anchovies) to the mix.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Metro Marche: Excellent Food and Meeting

by cjg1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Quiche and Salad

This is honestly a place I'd never have come into on my own without someone else saying I should. It looks like a dive inside the Port Authority building on 41st and 8th. But once Roamer61 chose it for the VT Meeting, I did some research on it. Turns out it gets fantastic reviews and we were excited to go try it by the time the meeting finally arrived.

A fairly basic looking place this is one of those places I'd say should be "don't miss" while in NY and on a budget. This is especially true if you're traveling through the Port Authority.

Favorite Dish: For the purposes of the meeting, Roamer61 had arranged for a prix fixe menu.

I chose the quiche for my lunch and the cheesecake for dessert. The quiche was quite good although I thought the crust was too badly burnt to be excellent. But the cheesecake was absolutely amazing and I would stop in here again just for that even if I was passing through to another restaurant. Liz had the caesar salad with chicken and the creme brulee for dessert.

Also included was a drink which included the bloody mary i had.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels