New York Central, New York City

by cjg1
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

New York Central: Bad food Good Drinks

by cjg1 Updated Mar 22, 2012

This is a place we ended up in when all other options were locked out by the Santa invasion in December 2011.

The restaurant is an attempt at a higher end hotel restaurant trying to play to anyway. I have eaten here before and it was fine but on this night it was terrible.

Favorite Dish: The best part of the meal was the drinks. Not too many as they are a little pricey, but enough to make me forget the terrible food.

Liz and Angie, December 2011 Liz and Angie, December 2011

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

New York Central: Almost got it right

by PinkFloydActuary Written Dec 31, 2011

My evening at New York Central is one of those nights where I thought I picked everything right, but almost nothing lived up to what I hoped it would be. I started with a side dish of mac & cheese. No matter how often I try, I can't seem to make great mac and cheese (and unfortunately, I can't often find it either.) My search continues. Then, I went with the market catch of sea bass. Again, the taste was just off from what I was hoping for. Finally, for dessert, I tried the chocolate mousse with chocolate covered captain crunch - this time I hit paydirt! The dessert was sweet and scrumptious...it certainly wasn't enough! Our tables had a team of waiters who did a decent, but unmemorable job. The restaurant is located off the lobby of the Hyatt - if you get a table near the windows, you can people watch right below you. Overall, with all the great dining in NYC, I wish we had tried somewhere else.

Dessert - the best course The main course Mac & cheese course

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near New York Central
4.0 out of 5 stars