Oliva, New York City

by dejavu2gb
  • dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Oliva: Some Tapas and good atmosphere

by dejavu2gb Written Jan 18, 2006

Oliva is a Basque/Provincial restaurant in Manhattan offering original Basque/Spanish Cuisine.
    The restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere, the staff are absolutely marvellous, and made us feel very very welcome, we did not actually want to leave.

Favorite Dish: We ordered from their special New Years ever set menu, and I had the Lobster Bisque for starters and main course I had Filet Mignon. Both dishes were outstanding, and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them, and will surely return when I am back again in New York.

• Oliva: Good Food, Reasonable Price

by Lexifer Written Mar 7, 2005

A very clean place inside, with an incredible variety of fresh food. Breakfast made while you wait ($4.00US for two slices french toast, bacon, egg over easy)
    Starting at 11:00am they have several buffets. There's the ever present slice, a huge Med style buffet with stuffed grape leave, hummus, etc. Fresh sushi is rolled on the spot, and there is a large sushi bar area. A huge salad bar rounds it out. They also have sandwiches and wraps. The decor is very nice, with plenty of seating. A live piano was going when we went for lunch. VERY reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: Had breakfast, which was great. Had several slices, which were very tasty and fresh as well. Good hot coffee.

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Oliva Gourmet: A good lunch stop just uptown from the WTC site

by 850prc Updated Nov 28, 2004

Interior, Oliva Gourmet, NYC

Oliva Gourmet was an excellent and varied place that we literally stumbled into, as we walked (all the way) from the Staten Island Ferry port to mid-town. The bright interior and huge selections of food was the hook that drew us in the door. And, inside we found helpful and friendly attendants, very good value for excellent deli food in NYC and a place that actually had some atmosphere, too. Kind of nice to see all three wrapped up into one simple eatery.

Like I say, our food was well-prepared and presented in excellent form. Fresh, quality ingredients and attentive service. A fine place for lunch.

Favorite Dish: First of all, Oliva has so many different items...salads, fresh fruit and veggies, pizza, sandwichs, soups, etc. It's almost like finding three or four places under one roof. As a means of sharing some of the simple variety at Oliva, let me describe a few of their sandwiches...

Cuban...roast pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickel and mustard on a European flatbread.

Capri....smoked turkey, pepperoni, provolone cheese, spinach, cherry peppers and balsamic vinaigrette on flatbread.

Tuscan....fresh mozarella, fresh plum tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh spinach and sun-dried tomato on flatbread. (great choice for all of my beloved vegetarian friends)

Delightful....fresh honey-glazed turkey, Jarlsberg Cheese, coleslaw and honey mustard.

See what I mean? All sorts of tasty things. The sandwich menu had at least 20 more, and you could also name your own, as is the case at any good deli.

Eat here, you'll like it!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Oliva
4.0 out of 5 stars