Otto Enoteca & Pizzeria, New York City

• EviP's Profile Photo

Otto: Enoteca

by EviP Written Aug 16, 2013
    bar @ Otto , NYC

It is a popular place, so if you don't mind queuing, or the crowd try going late in the afternoon
    Very nice italian food and excellent wine list which comes also by the glass

Alternatively, it has a nice bar not packed if you go early...

Favorite Dish: Cheeses are marvellous and the pesto antipasta very good
    Fussili & Carbonara are excellent choices
    Wine can be hard to choose but any selection is safe
    and the place is also famous for their homemade ice-creams, that they also deliver!

• Wine Tasting

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo

Otto: Great Italian Tapas

by ctorres1979 Written Jul 26, 2008

Finally a restaurant that didn't disappoint me after reading good reviews!.. Otto has a great bar/cocktail area to hang out at while you wait for your table. They have a really extensive wine menu with glass/quarino and bottle choices and the dinner menu is set up in a way that is really great for group dining. There were seven of us so we got to taste so many different things, we had a selection of cheeses, meats, vegetables and then some great pizzas.

Favorite Dish: by far the meat platter, with the best prosciutto that I've ever tasted

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Otto Enoteca & Pizzeria: Italian with the best gelato!!!

by seamandrew Written Aug 6, 2006

Otto, picture from Otto website.

For years, dear friends of ours have recommend Otto for the decent prices, great food, and out of this world gelato. In August of 2006, Elisabeth and I finally managed to make it to this restaurant and the food was just perfect. As I mentioned before, prices are very affordable with my Spaghetti Carbornara just a mere $9.00. Drinks are a bit pricey here, but with the low cost of food, it balances out and if you don't drink, you walk away feeling happier about your finanical status. Their pizzas are excellent as well with the Potato and Anchovie pizza being my favorite of the 3 I tried (we were with friends). I know it sounds like an odd combination on a pizza, but my friend convinced me to try a slice of his and I was very pleased. Lastly, the gelato could be New York City's finest. They have a number of flavors but the absolute must haves are the olive oil and buffalo ricotta gelatos. You can get up to 3 flavors per serving, but just go with the two I mentioned. You will not be disappointed!

You don't need reservations, but it helps to make them. Be forewarned that they will not seat you until all members of your party have arrived. The service was a little cold as was our host. The great food more than made of for it and the bartender was a nice guy!

Favorite Dish: From the startes (antipasti), the Prosciutoo di Parma and Pesce sampler are delicious as are most of their cheeses. My spaghetti carbonara was fantastic and the olive oil and buffalo ricotta gelatos guarantee that I will return to that restaurant soon.

• zyxos's Profile Photo

OTTO Enoteca Pizzeria: excellent list of wine in a train station atmosphe

by zyxos Written Jun 11, 2005

be prepared to wait in order to try one very good enoteca in Manatthan. The wine list is impressing.
    They'll provide you with a train ticket at the entrance and you can join the bar (by also eating some "antipasti") until your train is announced.

Favorite Dish: The wine is very good but DO NOT take Limoncello (they'd just give you lemon juice with alcol in) and pasta aglio olio e peperoncino (they have no idea how it is to be made)

• Work Abroad

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels