Peanut Butter & Co., New York City

ants on a log
    exterior
    interior
  • mariahc1's Profile Photo

Peanut Butter & Co: peanut butter delight!

by mariahc1 Written Apr 7, 2011

My husband and I are peanut butter lovers so you can imagine our delight when we discovered this lovely sandwich shop! You can enjoy the classic peanut butter sandwiches in bagels or in toasted bread, with fruit jam, bacon or whatever your heart desires! There are also the Gourmet peanut butter sandwiches with white cream, chocolate cream or jam in either a whole wheat bread or vegan black bread (this proves how much they care for their customers' needs). There is also a selection of chicken sandwiches, salads, tuna sandwiches as well as desserts Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, peanut butter brownies, peanut butter sundae and cookies...Yummy!!! The ambience was pleasant and the people working there were happy to help us select the perfect sandwich according to our taste. One can also buy peanut butter from the shop.

Favorite Dish: Everything was fabulous!

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Peanut Butter & Co.: Peanut Butter Lovers Rejoice!

by FatesWarn Updated Jun 18, 2007

The name says it all, the menu consists almost entirely of peanut butter sandwiches. They have a few non-peanut butter items for weirdos that don't want peanut butter. They also have peanut butter milkshakes and peanut butter desserts. Their sit-down area is quite small, and on special occasion days, like Father's Day, they actually take reservations for their tables, so you might want to call ahead on a day like a Father's Day.

Favorite Dish: The Cookie Dough Surprise was so delicious. It's made with peanut butter, vanilla cream cheese, and chocolate chips. It is so creamy, and sweet, it's like having dessert for lunch (and then washing it down with a PB&J milkshake).
    I loved the sound of all the items on the menu, and since I could barely finish one sandwich along with my milkshake, I bought the cookbook so I could make some of them at home. In the cookbook, they even tell you how to make their flavored peanut butters.

• Beth75NJ's Profile Photo

Peanut Butter Company: SO, you REALLY like Peanut Butter??

by Beth75NJ Updated Jan 6, 2005

The Peanut Butter Company... pure heaven for those who love to sit back with a tall glass of cold milk (be it soy, rice, lactose free, or cow) and a delicious peanut butter sandwich. White Chocolate, Spicey, Cinnamon Raisen, Dark Chocolate... plain or crunchy... you pick!

They offer a bunch of different sandwiches ranging from Elvis' fav, fried pb and bananna, to one of my fav's cinnamon raisen with some white yummy stuff and apples. HEAVEN! maybe i was vanilla cream cheese?

It's a cafeteria feel, pretty small. You order at the counter and they'll bring your food to you at the tables. There are only maybe 10 tables in the entire place. You can take it to go too. OR you can buy the jars of PB there and go home and make your own! :)

My only complaint is when I was there they were out of all their types of bread except white. Not a huge problem, but why list them all? and I was all psyched for a malted milk and they didn't have that either., Hm, not sure if that's the usual or if they just had a super busy day.

You can get milkshakes too but i saved my room for the pb.

the sandwiches all come with chips on the side and I just had to get a tall glass of chocolate milk to go with mine. Reminded me of the winters when my father wasn't working (landscaper) and he would pick us up from school for lunch. When we went home there would be each of our plates set out with sandwhiches with the crusts cut off (they'll do that for you here too) tall glasses of milk and chips on the side. :)

We were so stuffed by time we left that I walked all the way to the port authority... 40+ blocks! but it was well worth it!

By Subway:

The closest subway stop is West 4th Street, to which you can take the A, C, E, or F train.

Store Hours

Peanut Butter & Co. opens its doors Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Holiday closings: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
    Also note: We close at 5 p.m. on July 4th, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve

Favorite Dish: Hmm... how to choose? We started with the PB sampler. it comes with each of the pb's and veggies and other sweet things to dunk.

They also offer non peanut butter sandwhiches which all looked delicious.

We also ordered the 'ants on a log' (celrey with PB raisens) and then my friend and i split two sandwhiches (really we were full but we couldn't help ourselves) the "elvis special" and the cinnamon raisen pb with apples and vanilla cream cheese.

heaven! but not exactly low cal. I imagine it would be good for kids and adults alike.

• Study Abroad

• jglsongs's Profile Photo

Peanut Butter & Co.: a restaurant that sticks to the roof of your mouth

by jglsongs Written Jan 24, 2004

Yes, this is a restaurant/sandwich shop devoted to the almighty peanut and peanut butter. How about a dark chocolate peanut butter sandwich with a PBJ milkshake to wash it down.

Favorite Dish: Not just for kids...in fact, there are usually more people over the age of 25 than under.

• feline01's Profile Photo

Peanut Butter & Co.: Peanut Butter & Co.

by feline01 Written Aug 26, 2002

This place is exactly how it sounds, plenty of peanut butter in all its glory. They grind their own peanut butter and serve it up in main courses like The Elvis, grilled peanut butter, banana & honey sandwich or in drinks like the peanut butter smoothie or in deserts like peanut butter cookies. Plus, they sell Fluffernutter in all its flavors, their own peanut butter with flavors like dark chocolate, and classic peanut butter candies.

Favorite Dish: Peanut Butter smoothie: soy milk, banana & peanut butter

• shutterlust's Profile Photo

Peanut Butter & Co.: NYMAG ASSIGN: Peanut Butter & Co.

by shutterlust Written Aug 14, 2006

...under construction...

Favorite Dish: The Elvis! (peanut butter, honey, banana, and bacon on whole wheat!) And grab some of their house specialty peanut butter cookies!

ants on a log exterior the elvis interior interior

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Peanut Butter & Co.
4.0 out of 5 stars