Quality Meats, New York City

What a great meal
    My dessert, yum!
    Ferni's dessert
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Quality Meats: Our Favorite Steak House in the City!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 25, 2008

What a great meal

This is hands down our favorite Steak House. The servie is impeccable and their aged beef is the best you'll get in the city.

The restaurant is quite beautiful. As you enter you are greated with a really nice bar to the right. The dinning area is a few steps down and to the left of the bar. There is additional dinning upstairs where they have an extension wine wall. The walls are brick exposed which lends to cozy dining. The wait staff are excellent. We were seated and promptly given our menu.

The meats are aged and cooked to order. The sides are ordered separately and the special sauce is made at your table.

Although quite expensive (what steakhouse isn't), the price of the meal is well worth it!!

Favorite Dish: I ordered the filet mignon with gnocchi as my side and a green goddess salad. Ferni had the aged bone in sirloin with the parmesan fries (so good). With my meal I had a bottle of a Chilean Wine (can't quite remember the name) and Ferni had his usual mixed drink.

For dessert Ferni had the "home made" ice cream. I had the malted milk chocolate tart..

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo

Quality Meats: Best of the best!

by magdalena2007 Written Oct 16, 2007

Photo taken from the restaurant's website

I only have two favorite steak places in Manhattan, one being The Strip House, and the other Quality Meats. After last weekend I must say Quality Meats is taking the lead of the most fantastic piece of filet I have ever ate! The only con about this restaurant is its price, but you get what you pay for (not always true, but in this case it is). This place is very pricey, especially if you’re planning on getting some bottles of wine. But well worth the splurge at least once in your life time. Now let’s talk a little about the desert –all I have to say is C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E! If you know what’s good for you, you will get the chocolate waffle with chocolate syrup –if you love chocolate (and who doesn’t) than this will not disappoint.

Favorite Dish: Appetizer: Crab cake
    Dinner: filet megnon
    Desert: chocolate waffle

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Quality Meats
3.5 out of 5 stars