Rice 'n Beans, New York City

744 Ninth Avenue 212 265 4444

What's left of our meals!
    by Gypsystravels
  • "Oh Carmen....I am not worthy!"
    by garridogal
    I have no idea what's going on here...!
    by garridogal
  • garridogal's Profile Photo

Rice 'n Beans: Yummy Brazilian!

by garridogal Updated Apr 4, 2011

Rice 'n Beans is a little restaurant with a fun and "homey" atmosphere. We walked in and snagged the last open table, right by the window. The service was really good and fast and the food was really tasty.

I'm half Cuban so I really love the fact that Brazilian food is so similar to food I grew up eating. This consists of a lot of richly seasoned, cooked and grilled meat and, of course, rice and beans!

Favorite Dish: I had a steak with onions that was really tasty. It was a bit fatty and I had to cut off around 1/4 of it that I wouldn't touch. However, what remained was fine and enough to fill me and the sauteed onions it was covered in were delicious. I chose the yellow rice and black beans to accompany my meal and they were great. Also tasted some of the friend plantains that my friend ordered and they were just like the ones my mom used to make!

• Business Travel

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Rice n' Beans!: Brazilian food at its best

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 16, 2009

What's left of our meals!

Hell’s Kitchen is loaded with great small inexpensive places to dine, and Rice n’ Beans is just one of them. My girlfriend Willi and I meet at least once a month for drinks and occassionaly dinner, so we decided that after a few drinks somewhere else, we would have dinner here.

The restaurant is quite small with about 12 tables in total. There isn’t anything grand or exciting about the interior, but the food and the wait staff are excellent. We sat at the only table that was available at the time, lucky for us it was a table for 4. The waiter came over and handed us the menus, took our drink orders and asked if we wanted water. He left us to decide on our choices and returned with our drinks.

Willi comes here often but it was my first time here, so she suggested a few items where we could all share. When we get together we will usually order a few items for the menu and try each other’s choices.

I prices are very reasonable, the staff quite friendly and the food quite excellent, I would definitely return here and would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Dish: We started with a few empanadas. I had the beef, Willi the chicken and Margi the cheese. They were all very good. We decided to then order two dishes and split it between us as we weren’t all too hungry.

Margi wanted to try the Grilled Salmon Topped With Orange Sauce and sautéed vegetables and some garlic mashed potatoes. The sauce was excellent and so was the salmon. She had a side of white rice and black beans. Willi and I had the Chicken Ipanema, a boneless chicken breast topped with fresh tomatoes and herb sauce. We had that with white rice and pink beans. We decided to enjoy or meal with a nice glass of white wine.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Rice 'n Beans
3.5 out of 5 stars