Sala, New York City

344 Bowery or 35 West 19th Street (212) 979-6606

• thie is really what the paella looks like, YUM!
    thie is really what the paella looks...
    by Beth75NJ
  • An authentic looking door greets you at Sala
    An authentic looking door greets you at...
    by TempNomad
  • Beth75NJ's Profile Photo

Sala (not sala one nine): Delicious Tapas

by Beth75NJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

thie is really what the paella looks like, YUM!

I was just at Sala this past friday night for a birthday party. I can't wait to bring my sis back to feast! The ambiance is sort of dark walls, loungey lighting but mostly tables not too many couches. but still very warm and cozy feel.

Apparently you can also rent out the downstairs for a private party.

This is totally affordable for tapas but more expensive then my usual cheap deals in the city. They have Tapas (small dishes, you usually order a bunch and share) as well as Entree size dishes and desserts too. It ended up being about $52 a person for all of us. We all drank and had tons of tapas plus entrees so it wasn't overpriced for the way we stuffed ourselves!

Favorite Dish: YUM! where to begin... my favortie tapas, by far, was the goat cheese with honey carmelized onions. (Queso de Cabra Con Miel - $13) it was soo YUMMY! i could have eated just that all night. The grilled calarmari was yummy too but very garlicy. (Calamare ala plancha $14.00)
    If I was going to get only one order of tapas, I would go with the goat cheese and onions. The sweet onions complimented the goat cheese so well. YUM!!

Then for dinner I had the seafood Paella. YUM! It had mussels and clams, two huge prawns calamari, over rice. It was $17 each with a minimum of 2 people per order. There was enough for at least 2 people, especially with the tapas. My friend and I totally couldn't finish it. SO YUMMY!

and we all had Mojitos which were amazing! If you don't know, a Mojito is made with mint leaves, rum, lime juice and sometimes sugar. they're dangerous in how quickly they go down.

For dessert we had the baked apple dish. SOO GOOD!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Sala: Homesick for Spain? Go here!

by TempNomad Updated Apr 4, 2011

An authentic looking door greets you at Sala

This place is dark, romantic, comfortable, and delicious. There are a variety of tapas available (albeit a bit pricey!) and the wine list is lovely. The olives at the bar rock!

Sala is the kind of place that makes you want to become a regular. It's empty early on and becomes quite the scene as the evening grows late. A wonderful tortilla, fantastic variety of platos, and a friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Favorite Dish: I have to go with the tortilla!

• gripdxd's Profile Photo

Sala One Nine: Tapas

by gripdxd Written Nov 11, 2007

If you would like to have some Tapas, check this place out. Great menu, nice ambience and the sangria is great. There is a small bar and the service is good. It's a busy place so I suggest you make reservations.

Favorite Dish: Try the bacon wrapped dates..yum!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Sala
4.0 out of 5 stars