Savann, New York City

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Savann: Excellent French influenced cooking

by toonsarah Updated Nov 12, 2008

Savann

We had one of our best dinners in New York in this popular and stylish bistro. It is decorated in warm welcoming colours, although its one down-side is that the tables are a little too close together for a really cosy dinner – so come here for the excellent food and attentive friendly service, but not for a private conversation or an intimate or romantic dinner. There are also some tables out on the pavement.

Favorite Dish: We didn’t order a starter but were given some excellent olives and good tasty bread with oil for dipping. For mains Chris chose the pork tenderloin stuffed with dried fruits and served with sweet potato puree and a sour cherry sauce, which he pronounced to be the “best dinner so far” (although we had only been in the city three days at that point, it was only once bettered). I had a lovely piece of grilled salmon with a warm sweet corn salad and sun dried tomato sauce. For dessert Chris chose the sorbet and I had crème brulée – again, both were very good. With a couple of beers we paid $70 (including tax but not service) which was pretty reasonable for the quality of the food.

Apparently they also do a good brunch here – we didn’t try it but I think it could be worth checking out if you’re in the area. The website (below) has a discount coupon for both this and a mid-week early bird offer.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Savann
4.5 out of 5 stars