Shake Shack, New York City

by acebruin
    Waiting for Food
    by acebruin
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Shake Shack: Good food. Great view.

by cjg1 Updated Oct 25, 2006

Cheese Fries and a Shack Stack.  October 23, 2006

I came here with a small group of VTers on the start of my VT/Best Burger tour of NYC. I ordered up the Shack Stack, which holds 3 patties between the bun with some lettuce and tomato mixed in. What a great mix of foods. This really hit the spot. It is quite large for a single burger and you have to really be hungry to eat it. So that said it will be rare I get this same burger next time. But I really liked it. We had great company in Yon, Vin, Martin, and Jude along with me all the while enjoying a wonderful view sitting outside in the middle of Madison Square Park.

Per the official website "A portion of your purchase will benefit the Madison Square Park Conservancy." I did not know this until I was writing my tip. You can go and read more about it on www.madisonsquarepark.org.

Hours fluctuate through out the year. As of now they are open from 11am to 9pm daily.

Favorite Dish: I coupled the Shack Stack with an order of cheese fries. Throw in a coke and it was a fun and sloppy (that’s a good thing) meal for only $12.50. And yes, I did order the most expensive and largest burger this time. Next I will try another.

I will definitely come back to this place for their burger.

• not sure of the name....: Go to Madison Square Park....

by margepugh Written Sep 5, 2006

This is a grill of sorts in the park itself...stand in the long line and give your order for the best hamburger in town. I am telling you....this is the best! Be patient and wait your turn as it seems quite a few people are aware of the quality here.

• rosie_b's Profile Photo

Shake Shack: Hot Dog Stand Gone Upscale

by rosie_b Updated Apr 23, 2005

Shake Shack

This seasonal upscale hot dog stand in Madison Square Park is a place where people hang out for their afternoon lunch. The line, at times, can be a little bit much, but the food is worth eating, especially the chicago style hot dog, burger, and the mocha shake. And if you order the chicago style hot dog, you have to have it with everything, the relish, mustard, etc. You can also get beers and wine from this stand (unlike most New York hot dog stand), which is a plus. The best part about eating here is to eat outdoor, in the park, surrounded by trees and birds and a nice weather.

Favorite Dish: The chicago style hot dog and burger with special shake shack sauce, or if you want you can order it plain too. And the mocha shake, it was delicious.

• Travel with Pets

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Shake Shack
4.0 out of 5 stars