The Loeb Boathouse Central Park, New York City

4.5 out of 5 stars 12 Reviews

E 72nd St. & 5th Ave., New York, NY 10021 (212) 517-2233

• Central Park, but it's not the restaurant
    Central Park, but it's not the...
    by PALLINA
    Boathouse Burger
    by Suzze
    View from the Boathouse
    by Lorro
  • KarenTaylor's Profile Photo

The Boathouse: What a View

by KarenTaylor Updated Apr 4, 2011

I've wanted to go here ever since I saw it in When Harry Met Sally. Our Big Apple Greeter who was taking us around the park, joined us for brunch on a Saturday morning. It's fantastic. We were lucky enough to get a table on the front of the deck, the service was great, and the food lovely. Turtles were swimming right up to the edge of the decking.I would love to be able to go back here again.

Favorite Dish: Again, as it was my first visit, no favourite yet, but there were 4 of us and each of us enjoyed the meal we had.

Enjoying a Cocktail at the Boathouse

• miniman2804's Profile Photo

Loeb Boathouse: Lovely venue - lovely food

by miniman2804 Updated Feb 19, 2011

Well, I was very impressed. The setting is glorious - overlooking a boating lake in Cetral Park, with some tall buildings behind the trees. On a sunny fall day this was a delight in itself.

But the food - well it was as well cooked and presented as I have ever had - and I have eaten in several Michelin one-starred restaurants, and one with three stars.

Clearly the product of an imaginative and skilful chef, and using excellent ingredients, this meal will live long in the memory. The price was what you would expect, but similar to UK, and, I am sure, much less than some Manhattan restaurants where I would struggle to find added value whatever they serve. $160 covered three courses for two of us, and a bottle of wine (this item was quite expensive at $39, the cheapest on the menu, but good!)

Favorite Dish: The wife had a filet mignon - cooked to perfection with a melt-in-the-mouth texture and a rich yet subtle wine reduction sauce. It was served with horseradish mash - delicious!

• mwat's Profile Photo

The Boathouse: A lovely setting

by mwat Written Jun 23, 2010

We had lunch there prior to flying from JFK and it was a perfecr end to our NYC trip. Sitting on the lake in Central Park you would think you were miles from the noise of the city. Terrapins paddle past the veranda where diners sit to enjoy a truly suburb selection of cuisine. Service was excellent . Need to reserve as it was very busy . Google it to find their site/

Favorite Dish: Seared Scallops
    Wiltshire Pork

Why its Good? It just is

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Central Park Boathouse: great location but...

by PALLINA Written Jul 15, 2009

Well, the location is really graet, on Central Park Lake (some directions to reach the restaurant inside the park would be great appreciated, we had to ask so many people!!!) but the rest was rather disappointing. We reserved a table a day before but when we arrived we waited at least 30 minutes, our table was narrow and in busy location (actually I think it's difficult to find a quiet table there...they are too many!) and service very inaccurate and late. Dishes were not bad, but for such price you can find thousand of better restaurants in NYC. It's a real pity, because the location is really charming. I would raccomend you to go to the cafe instead, it's just beside the restaurant, offers the same location and view but much more easy going (dont think it's possible to dine there, I think it's just for cocktail or biers).

Besides Kat's Deli, also in this restaurant there is a movie scene of "When Harry met Sally" (when Sally told her friends she has just broke up with John).

Central Park, but it's not the restaurant

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Central Park Boathouse: Lunching in a super setting!

by Jenniflower Updated Aug 26, 2008

We had been walking for quite some time, and were freezing cold. We looked for a place to eat in Central Park, and happened upon the Central park Boathouse restaurant.

The interior is very nice, with a more casual side, and a fancier side, which overlooks the lake. The staff are friendly and helpful.

It must be absolutely gorgeous to sit here in the summer!

We were advised that they make the best burgers in New York and decided to test their claim! We both had burgers and a cold drink.

The burger was made with a homemade burger patty that was very tasty and cooked well, and the bun was fresh and filling.

There was plenty of salad inside the burger too, which I always love… lettuce, tomato and onion rings.

If you are looking for a tasty bite to eat then this is the place to come, and if you are celebrating a special occasion I would sit in the more formal section of the restaurant, overlooking the lake.

The price was good for what it was, which we were pleasantly surprised about. I would recommend this restaurant for a good meal.

Central Park

• Suzze's Profile Photo

The Boathouse Central Park: A Burger with a difference!

by Suzze Updated Jul 20, 2007

We had lunch here planning to eat outside but was too hot so ventured inside the Boathouse and was lucky to get a table as it was very busy. The surroundings were beautiful and such a pleasant place to eat, and it over looked the lake so the views were terrific. It was our anniversary that day so it was perfect. The service was excellent despite being very busy. I heard later that weddings take place there, which I wasn't surprised at as it's a beautiful setting.

Favorite Dish: As it was the first time we had eaten here we had no favourite but wouild have to say this would be it! We both had the Boathouse Burger and it was delicious. We are not regular burger eaters but this seemed to good to miss. It was described as all steak and nothing else added or taken away.
    I have never had a burger like this and probably never will unless we go back there! The resturant offered a very varied menu from fish to steak. We just had the burger as we were dining out that evening and didn't want to spoil our appetites too much!

Boathouse Burger

• MaureenVT's Profile Photo

Central Park Boathouse: Good View, Good Happy Hour

by MaureenVT Written Dec 27, 2006

This local hotspot is at the Northeastern tip of the lake, and is a MUST if you are strollling through Central Park. Though we wanted to have appetizers or dinner in the main dining area overlooking the lake, the restaurant was absolutley packed, and we opted to sit outside on the deck and ordered cocktails from the bar. There are a good number of tables on the deck which is overlooking the lake, where you watch the rowboats and admire the surroundings. It's a very romantic and peaceful setting, I highly reccommend it, and will visit the Boathouse next time I'm in NYC.

• Jontxu's Profile Photo

The Central Park Boathouse: The perfect brunch!

by Jontxu Written Aug 23, 2006

Although it sounds crazy, the Boathouse was the best place we found in NY, is the only thing I keep on recomending to the people visiting NY. I went with my parents the last december on Sunday for brunch, and it was a great experience, not only the food but the atmosphere, there was a guy playing the piano, the fire place, the view of the lake from the gallery. Before leaving NY we went back again, because we loved this place. It could happen that you need to wait drinking a wine till you get a table, but it's definetely a great place. As you can read in their website: "It is easy to lose oneself in this magical atmosphere and truly forget you are still in the City"

• shutterlust's Profile Photo

Central Park Boathouse: A culinary gem nestled in a forest

by shutterlust Written Jun 5, 2006

I've only been to the Central Park Boathouse for brunch, but I've heard it's amazing at all times of the day. Imagine, sitting among trees, in front of a lake, sipping mimosas and the sun is shining through huge french windows. It's amazingly beautiful. Breathtaking, really. I love the Boathouse. Far better than Tavern on the Green, which has been spoilt by the inundation of tourists. (no offense). No one goes to Tavern on the Green anymore. The Boathouse is still lovely as ever and if you want to get away from the crowds for a Saturday morning brunch, in the serenity of Central Park, definitely go.

I would recommend reservations. And take a stroll through the park when you're done to work off that blueberry french toast.

Favorite Dish: The blueberry french toast with a mimosa. Fantastic way to start a day. I've also heard the steak and eggs were to be recommended.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Central Park Boathouse: Relax - you earnt it!

by sue_stone Updated Apr 27, 2006

The Central Park Boathouse is located by one of the lakes in Central Park.

After a long morning of sightseeing and walking, walking, walking, we made it to the Boathouse.

After finding out that the waiting list for dining in the restaurant was at least an hour, we were lucky enough to secure an outdoors table right by the lake in the bar area.

It was the perfect place to relax on this sunny spring afternoon and soak up the atmosphere.....and watch the gondola float by!

Favorite Dish: We relaxed with an ice cold glass of white wine and some fresh prawns.

Very rah darling!

The Boathouse mmmm....wine living the good life gondalier by the restaurant great place for lunch
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• Lorro's Profile Photo

The BoatHouse Restaurant: Fancy in Central Park

by Lorro Updated Feb 10, 2006

A wonderful place to relax and have a nice Saturday or Sunday brunch is the Boat House. Its right in Central park on the Lake and offers beautiful views from an open veranda that is the perfect place to be in summer. Dress in your summer best and enjoy fine dining and great service.

Next to the restaurant is the Boathouse Cafe that is more relaxed where you can order sandwiches and other deli food to go.

Favorite Dish: I LOVE french toast and since its not a dish I can get in Spain, of course I had to order it here. It was filled with cream cheese and fruit and served with real maple syurp. It was wonderful. But not cheap. I think about $17. My friends ordered the crab cakes which were also delicious.

View of NYC gondoliers from the Boathouse View from the Boathouse French Toast at the Boathouse
    • Luxury Travel

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Boathouse Cafe

by SirRichard Updated Oct 2, 2004

Nice & relaxing cafe in the middle of Central Park, by the Conservatory Water. Just forget about the rush of the Big Apple and relax.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near The Loeb Boathouse Central Park

View all New York City hotels