The View, New York City

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The View: Check out the Cocktail Napkin

by grandmaR Updated Jul 15, 2007

My plate

My sister had the thought that we might eat in the revolving restaurant. So we asked. Dinner would be $47.50 each and was a fixed price menu.

We could go up to the Buffet though for just $20.75 each or a minimum of a drink ($14.50 each unless it was non-alcoholic which were only $10) or dessert and cheese for $16.50. You have to go up the escalator to get to the elevator that is the only one that goes to the 48th floor. It has glass sides and goes up through the middle of the hotel. The full service dining room and bathrooms on the 47th floor. Before we left, we went to the bathroom (on the floor below and you have to have an escort in the elevator

The napkins had the exploded view of the buildings that one was seeing and the waitress was very good about pointing them out.

Favorite Dish: I didn't think my grandson would be happy with just cheese and dessert, so we got the buffet. He and I also ordered drinks (non-alcoholic) under the mistaken impression that we had to have a minimum drink order. His drink was a chocolate and orange and mine was just orange. But his turned out to have coconut in it (at least that's what I tasted) and gave him a reaction, so we just switched drinks. The drink menu is photo 5

The buffet part is in the center section which doesn't rotate. So if you see something you want, get it as it passes by - otherwise you may have trouble finding it. I filled my dessert plate (photo 4) before I was really ready for dessert. Then when my sister went to get her dessert, she had trouble finding that section of the buffet and had to walk all around looking for it.

The bill was $112+ for the three of us. That included two $10 non-alcoholic drinks

• Architecture

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

The View: Amazing sights of Times square

by RAINBOWWINGS Written Apr 26, 2006

The Views own photo

This is the only revolving restaurant in NY and at 47 floors up on top of the NY Marriott Marquis Hotel this has got to be the most spectacular place to dine. A fast elevator whizzing up to the restaurant sets the scene for this exciting experience, and as you step out into the lounge area you will be amazed at the 360º view of the lights of Times Square and surrounding areas, as the whole restaurant is turning slowly constantly.The funny thing about this place is that the restrooms are in the central static area, so if you need to visit try and take note of the people on the next table to you, cos your table wont be where you left it when you come back!! Have a cocktail in the lounge before you eat but be warned it was $50 dollars for 4!

Favorite Dish: One of the best Caesar salad ever and the T-Bone steak was the size of half a cow!! The waiter was really friendly and kept trying to get us to order the escargots. We kept declining so he brought us a dish anyway. We thought this was great as they were delicious...BUT we were charged for them at the end!

• rmlopez74's Profile Photo

The View: Great Food - Spectacular View!

by rmlopez74 Written Apr 25, 2006

If you are going to spring for a Broadway show, you really need to start you evening here. The restaurant is great. The drinks and food are way above par. But the view is what is really amazing. The Restaurant revolves so that you get a full 360 degree view in less than an hour. Not fast enough to make you sick or anything. Just fast enough to see everything during your dinner. The only catch is... it's expensive. But try the Prix Fixe meal. It's much cheaper than the regular menu and it gets you done in enough time to see your show. (by cheaper I mean $65 a person)

Favorite Dish: Go for the Prix Fixe (available before 6:30 p.m.). The New York Strip is amazing. Of course it would be...

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• dharmabum222's Profile Photo

The View: Marriot Marquis, the rotating restaurant

by dharmabum222 Written Feb 12, 2005

the chrysler at night

If you have never heard of The View restaurant it is a truly unique NY experience. The only restaurant in NY to provides a rotating aerial view of the city which is quite breathtaking, especially after dark (albeit difficult to photograph). The food is a overpriced and strictly average but the desert is underpriced and magnificent...service is fantastic & the view is what you pay for. If you don't want to dish out the cash for an entire dinner, drinks at the bar provide you with the same view, romance and great vibe.

Favorite Dish: A desert called 3 custards, a mini creme brulee, lemon custard and pana cotta...adorable and delicious.

• Shaft28's Profile Photo

The View: The view at the View

by Shaft28 Written Feb 13, 2003

Me at The View

Atop New York Marriott Marquis is a restaurant and lounge called The View.
    A place my parents took a buddy from high school and I during our trip to New York.
    This was the first place we went after the long flight.
    Although underdressed, the staff was very accomodating. Very nice place, with an astonishing view. Hence the name.
    You do pay for the real estate. The beers were around $10 bucks and the mixed drinks $17 or so. Not cheap, but worth a beer or two.
    Did I mention the room revolves so you get the full 360 degree view?
    Oh yeah, it does.

• naranja's Profile Photo

At the top of the Marriott's...

by naranja Written Aug 24, 2002

At the top of the Marriott's Hotel on Times Square is one of the finest restaurants with one of the best views. It is NYC's only revolving restaurant, the name is appropriately 'The View'. You can choose between the restaurant or the lounge for drinks and a wonderful buffet. Go for it, it's wonderful!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near The View
4.0 out of 5 stars