Three of Cups, New York City

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Three of Cups: Great Atmosphere and Food

by cjg1 Updated Apr 8, 2009

Zuppa di Pesce

I first considered coming to this place years ago back in 2002 for a VT meeting but was talked out of it based on other member's opinions. I have since come here with Liz to eat with Liz and then again with Liz and Vivian(during her NYC visit April 2009). Three of Cups has been a favorite of Liz's for years and she was glad that I enjoy the place as much as she does.

The bar is up front as soon as you enter the restaurant with a nice intimate seating area by the window. As you approach the hostess take a look a the open wood burning pizza oven and inhale the smell of pizza. The dining room encompaseses two rooms with tables and booths. The place is dimly lit with candles on the table and always has some good music playing in the background. The service here is always on point and I never feel rushed or hurried. It's a great place to have an intimate dinner or meet up with friends.

The menu is full of pizza, calzones, pasta, meat, chicken, seafood and tasty appetizers. The hardest part is trying to decide what delicious entree to have for dinner. The restaurant has daily specials and has early dinner specials Monday thru Thursday from 5:00 – 6:30 pm, 20% of the entire check. The restaurant bar has Happy Hour pricing from 5pm-8pm: $4.00 All Beer, House Wine, & Well Drinks.

The lounge downstairs from the dining room is a nice intimate setting for dancing and enjoying some cocktails while the DJ spins some tunes.

Favorite Dish: My first visit here I had the Penne con Cuccuzzi which was very good. Liz had the Rigatoni with Vodka sauce which is one of her favorite dishes here. We both split the stuffed artichoke appetozer from the special menu. We both agreed it was a bit well done but the stuffing was incredible.

When we came here with Vivian. We started with two appetizers: grilled calamari and the baked clams. The grilled calamari was incredible and the marinara dipping sauce has a nice bit of spice to it. The clams were very good and I loved the stuffing. For dinner I had the Gnocchi Special which had tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spinach. It was very good and I finished my whole plate. Liz had an individual Pizza Bianco, which was a nice indivial pizza with mozzarella, fresh garlic, ricotta and spinach. The pizza was very thina dn crispy I I loved stealing a few bites. Vivian went with one of Liz's sugestions and ordered the Zuppa di Pesce. Her bowl was incredible and filled with mussels, clams, shrimps, calamari, & scungili in a saffron tomato sauce over pasta. After seeing her dish I wish I had ordered it myself. It was a great meal and fun to see a good friend and introduce her to Liz.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Three of Cups
4.0 out of 5 stars