Tio Pepe, New York City

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Tio Pepe: Good food for VT Meeting

by cjg1 Updated Mar 2, 2008

Pic via Dabs tip

We came here for yet another VT meeting. It was a good time and where I met Kristi for the first time.

The food honestly was just ok and I have not chosen to go back again but for a mini party setting it was very good for us that night.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Tio Pepe: Great Paella!

by TexasDave Written Mar 31, 2005

This cozy restautant has Mexican and Spanish food.

Favorite Dish: We went there for the paella, of which several different varieties are available. We also ordered a pitcher of the white sangria, which was excellent.
    They also serve complimentary chips and salsa, Mexican style.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Tio Pepe: Spanish/Mexican in Greenwich Village

by Dabs Updated Jan 17, 2005

VT meeting at Tio Pepe

Julie (travelmad478) picked this for our small VT meeting on a Saturday night. Mark (acemj) and Tania (skye820) came in from Philadelphia and Chris (cjg1) joined us a little later in the evening.

The place was crowded but not overly loud, nicely decorated. We stayed for quite a while but the server never seemed to be rushing us.

Favorite Dish: Everything we tried was good but I especially enjoyed the paella, we started off with a bunch of tapas-chicken quesadillas, caracoles Tio Pepe (escargot), pulpo a la Gallega (octopus), chorizo and gambas al ajillo (shrimp), followed by an order of paella valencia (saffron rice dish with seafood and chicken) for two and chiles rellenos accompanied by a couple of pitchers of sangria. Even with all this food and drinks the bill came to only $35 per person.

I couldn't get the menu to load off their website, but I could from here

Although most of what we tried was Spanish, Tio Pepe also has many Mexican dishes.

In the photo (courtesy of acemj) from left to right: Chris (cjg1), Julie (travelmad478), me, Mark (acemj) and Tania (skye820)

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Tio Pepe
4.0 out of 5 stars