Trattoria Trecolori, New York City

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

254 West 47th Street 212-997-4540

• Trattoria Trecolori, 47th Street, Midtown West
    Trattoria Trecolori, 47th Street,...
    by 850prc
  • 850prc's Profile Photo

Trattoria Trecolori: Superb pre-theater choice for Italian

by 850prc Updated May 4, 2010

Trattoria Trecolori, 47th Street, Midtown West

I "found" the Trattoria Trecolori via general internet search. I was looking for pre-theater dining suggestions, and there was a site that listed "8 great pre-theater restaurant choices". After looking them over, the Trattoria Trecolori sounded like a winner. After some initial confusion based on the website having the trattoria's OLD address (the new one was two blocks to the north), we zipped over for dinner. What an excellent choice.

This is just a good and classic Italian place.... not too pretentious or stuffy, but definitely high-quality cuisine. And, much of their menu is geared to a large number of early patrons who are headed out to the theater.... translation, you can get an excellent meal, and the service will insure a pleasureable experience that doesn't come across as rushed.

As you'd expect they have an excellent wine list, and there are several moderately priced choices that matchup well with whatever you order.

Favorite Dish: We started with one of their shared appetizer plates, the Trecolori. This featured a variety of cured meats, cheeses, olives, peppers and caper berries. There are also seafood-themed appetizer plates that more than suit a couple.

My daughter had one of the caprese salads, with its fresh tomatoes and scrumptious mozzarella di bufala.

Pasta options are plentiful and varied, including such exotic choices as linguine Neri alli monsignore, featuring Homemade black (squid ink) linguini with shrimp, scallops, squid, clams, and mussels in marinara.

I chose the scarpariello, consisting of diced chicken breast sautéed with sweet Italian sausage in a garlic, rosemary, olive oil and white wine sauce. Absolutely enthralling - I enjoyed every bite.

And.... then cometh the dessert tray. My daughter chose one of the cannoli and Bonnie had the homemade caramel custard flan. I went with the light and yet so rich ricotta cheesecake, accompanied by fresh strawberries and raspberries.

This is a GREAT pre-theater choice. I'd also think that a late dinner, well after the crowds have disappeared onto the great white way, would be an excellent plan. I'd be sure to have some cafe correto to close the evening....or maybe start it?

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Trattoria Trecolori: Site of VT Meeting Sept 25, 2007

by cjg1 Updated Mar 2, 2008

This is another place we used as a VT meeting. A wide open dining area and fairly good service for its location I was happy I made the effort to come out and meet so many new to me VTers that day.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my lunch of a black ink pasta and a glass of wine.

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Trattoria Trecolori: Very nice food, and reasonable prices

by Tom_In_Madison Written Oct 4, 2007

We had a VT meet here in Sept of 2007, during lunch and it was very good. It's not far from Times Square. The food was great, and not overpriced like so many in this area are.

It has a small bar area and has about 15-20 tables that can seat many people.

Favorite Dish: Ravioli

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Trattoria Trecolori
0 miles away