Yankee Clipper, New York City

Great dining area
    Your own personal TV
    Fantastic juicy cheedar burger
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Yankee Clipper: Wow!! Excellent Burgers!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 26, 2008

Fantastic juicy cheedar burger

Our usual Thursday night outings normally takes us to either a new place to eat or an old favorite. We were making this a movie night and we wanted a place that served good hearty food, where we wouldn't have to wait long, and where we would be able to place and enjoy our meal within an hour (we were trying to make the movie on time). I'd been wanting to try this restaurant since a few co-workers raved about the hearty and excellent burgers so we decided to take a chance and see how crowded it was.

We arrived sometime around 5:30 pm and the restaurant wasn't crowded at all. The dining area is quite large with large screen T.V.s throughtout the restaurant, cozy booths and tables and ticker banners with the usual stock market information. Some of the tables even have their own monitor to watch the races (apparently the majority of the patrons bet on the ponies!).

Upon being seated we were given the food and drink menu and the server disappeared returning shortly with glasses of water and prepared to take our order.

I decided I was going to order the burger, Ferni ordered his usual chicken strips. My burger was excellent and Ferni's chicken strips (he loves his chicken) where quite good as well. We definitely enjoyed our meal and plan to add this restaurant to our list of "best places for burgers", that's how good and juicy the burgers where!!

Favorite Dish: I ordered the cheddar burger medium with sauteed onions which came with a side of very good flavored fries. The burger was delicious, very juicy and meaty and was seasoned very well. Ferni had the chicken strips with a side of fries. The chicken strips were excellent!!

We were both pleased with our meals. The burger here is one of the best I have had in the city (and I've tried many great places for burgers), but I rather have a burger here than anywhere else.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels