Barnes and Noble, New York City

Know about this? Rate It!

by Gili_S
    by Gili_S
    by barryg23
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Barnes and Noble: Books

by Gili_S Written Nov 10, 2012

I went to Barnes & Noble in Washington Square to check out some books and so on. With today internet it is easy just to buy whatever you need online but then you need to know what you are looking for. Here in the store you can just browse for hours and look for something you might not find other way.
    They also have nice cafe lunge where you can have a cup of cappuccino, use free wifi and chill out.

What to buy: I ended up buying two books from local artists living in New York (see image 2)

• denna's Profile Photo

Barnes and Noble: Shopping for Books

by denna Written Aug 22, 2007

There are at least 10 barnes& noble in New York City. I managed to go two of them but I like the one in Chelsea the best. It has many varieties of books and it's in one floor.

I went to one of the shop near times square- i forgot the address of the street and i have 3 floors. I didn't manage to get my book there even though there are listed in the registration. however the sales person is so kind to contact the other branch in chelsea and i manage to get my book there.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Barnes and Noble: Meet you in the travel section....

by cjg1 Updated May 22, 2006

Its true any book store will do. But we seem to find the BN better than the rest. Atleast as far as travel goes.

I truly enjoy going to the bookstore for the evening and checking out the travel books. So much nicer to sit and read them there than buying ones you don't need.

A true measure of what I am and what I do.

What to buy: The DK and Insight Guides are my favorite brands. This is simply because they have more pictures than most of the others. They also are not very big on the step by step prepackaged tour idea.

What to pay: Most guide books will set you back about $20 to $30.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Barnes & Noble: Books

by barryg23 Written Dec 5, 2002

I spent way too much time and money in this place. I think "Fox Books" in the movie 'You've Got Mail' is based on Barnes & Noble and it's a fair basis.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels