New York Knicks, New York City

Know about this? Rate It!

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

Go watch a KNICKS game!!!!

by sugarpuff Written Feb 8, 2006

Well taking into account that I was only in New York for three days I did see a LOT of the sights, but I didnt unfortunately get to see a basketball game. I DID however pick up a 'Manhattan Living' magazine which has lots of great information for your stay. And it ws from this mag that I found out about all the different games that were being held that month! I dont know if you have a favourite team or one you would just like to go and see for the hell of it, but below is the informaton of how to get schedules and tickets!

Giants tickets

Tel: 212 307 7171

• Mahieu's Profile Photo

The NY Knicks!

by Mahieu Written Oct 22, 2004

I had the opportunity to see a Knicks-game in Madison Square Garden. It is one of my favourite moments of my stay! It was an pre-season game against San Antonio Spurs.
    The Knicks won 98-84.
    Even if I don't know a lot about basketball, the atmosphere in the Garden was great! A lot of show, audience encouragement, ....
    The ticket cost 60 dollars.
    You can buy the tickets in the Garden itself.

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Nets Basketball

by JohnniOmani Written Nov 1, 2007

air carter

Most people go to NYC to see a play or take in a show on Broadway but this year is a great time to venture away from the madness of Manhattan and take in a New Jersey Nets basketball game. I chose New Jersey over the Knicks because the Nets have a great team this year and it is much easier to get tickets for them rather than the Knicks in MSG. It is only a short hop over from the Port Authority to East Rutherford to the Meadowlands Sports Complex and it is a fun way to spend an evening. You will get a chance to see Vince Carter, Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson among others and I am sure you will have a great time ;)

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

New York Nicks

by kiwigal_1 Written Feb 22, 2007

Rhianon at a Nicks game

After all the shopping I felt like doing something a little different... well different for me anyway so I went to Madison Square Garden to see about going to a basketball game. As luck would have it they had a game between the New York Nicks and the Boston Celtics on that night. I promptly bought tickets and I off I went. I am not a basketball fan at all but I have to say I really enjoyed the game. I guess the atmosphere in a live game is always exciting. I bought a basketball shirt before the match for my little brother but wore it at the game too. Make sure you have a hot dog while you are there!

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Study Abroad

• amirguy's Profile Photo

New York Nicks

by amirguy Written Sep 13, 2003

No matter how good or bad the city's NBA basketball team, the Nicks, are doing, it is still a great evening watching them playing in the world most famous arena - Madison Square Garden. Chances are you will be seeing some great basketball, and be able to scout for celebs and other new yorkers.

A couple of tips:
    1. Bring your binoculars (unless you know someone, or can afford a a court side sit)

2. Beware of buying fake tickets right outside the stadium, there are many for sale, and you wont know the difference

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

NBA Fever

by TexasDave Updated Feb 27, 2013

A must-visit for Basketball fans

The NBA Store has a full court to show off your moves in, molds of some famous player's hands to compare your's with, and all kinds of official merchandise.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels