Madame Tussauds, New York City

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 9 Reviews

234 West 42nd Street 800 246 8872

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Cheesy but better than expected

by albaaust Written Jun 25, 2013

It was a wet and cold day and because we had the pass we decided to go and besides I wanted a photo with Obama* There are several floors with each having a particular theme: historical, political, celebrities, sporting stars. We mucked* around and had our photo taken with those figures we admired (or lusted after?) such as Mandela, George Clooney, Obama. I particularly liked the section devoted to the 1920s.Please note that there are sections of the complex that you will need to pay extra if using the New York Pass such as comic book heroes.

• Theater Travel
    • Photography

• Photos with Celebrities

by SeanFarr1 Written Oct 3, 2011

I lvoed Madame Tussards. It is a incredible place and having been to the orginal musuem in London, I was looking forward to visiting the one in New York and although I am not a Native American so some of the celebrities were unknown to me, I had a awesome time. I met Barack Obama, George Clooney among others, a great day!!!!!!

• Photography

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Skip This One!

by Donna_in_India Updated Apr 12, 2008

Have been to several Madame Tussaud's around the world and this one was the worst. Most of the figures are terribly done. If you've been to any other MT, I'd skip this one for sure.

Madame Tussauds is open 365 days a year at 10.00am.
    Sunday through Thursday they open at 10.00am and sell the last ticket at 8pm
    Friday and Saturday the open at 10.00am and sell the last ticket at 10pm
    During the summer season, Madame Tussauds offers extended hours.

Admission is $29 for adults, $23 for children 4-12, $26 for seniors (60+), under 4 is free.

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo

Madame Tussauds

by magdalena2007 Written Sep 18, 2007

Madame Tussauds is a Wax Museum in NYC that has wax statues of famous people (if you didn't know that already). I went there with my mother and cousin and they both loved it. I though it was a bit boring. I took some funny pictures with statues and that’s about it. You can also learn a little by reading their stories but most people just come and take a photo with the statue and move on to the next one. A bit boring in my eyes.

My favorite part was showing a picture with me and Brat Pitt and actually fooling people

• astro_kerryn's Profile Photo

Madame Tussaud's

by astro_kerryn Updated Mar 6, 2005
    Yes, he is real

Get up close and personal with your favorite celebrities at the 85,000 square-foot, five-story Madame Tussaud's New York. The New York version of the famous London museum takes on "the face of the place" presenting New York's most famous and infamous personalities, as well as figures of international fame and acclaim.
    Leave time to tour these six themed, interactive environments showcasing nearly 200 masterfully crafted, lifelike wax figures:

• jennijeans's Profile Photo

Madame Tusseau

by jennijeans Written Jun 20, 2004
    THe hulk is after me!!!

I had to beg my boyfriend to go as he didn't want to pay 35$ but it was well worth it. He couldn't stop talking about it after!!!! We took pictures with all the famous stars and then he tried to pass them off as real at work when we got back to Montreal. What a joker!!! Some people believed him. One pic he was grabbing J-Lo's ass. YA sure keep dreaming!!!!

• Robert_Hun's Profile Photo

Madame Tussaud's (NYC Wax Museum)

by Robert_Hun Updated Apr 2, 2005
    Madame Tussaud herself

You probably don't need too much explanation for this. I definitely recommend a visit, it has a really large and ever-growing collection. See pix in my Travelogue.

• BURGUN's Profile Photo

Madam Tassaud's Wax Museum

by BURGUN Written Jun 23, 2003
    Dhalai Lama

This is one of the most amazing museums i have ever seen. It is a wonderful experience and definitely you must see.

• arissat's Profile Photo

Madame Tussaud's New York Wax Museum

by arissat Updated Jan 4, 2003

They look so real... Just unbelievable!
    And there you can take a really close picture of Brad Pitt!!

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Madame Tussauds
4.5 out of 5 stars