www.hopstop.com, New York City

Know about this? Rate It!

hop on hop off bus around NYC
    by mindcrime
    New York Sightseeing Bus
    by Mikebb
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

www.hopstop.com

by cjg1 Written Aug 25, 2007

Let's be honest. This is the single tip ALL first time visitors should have.

www.hopstop.com

This great website lets you put in 2 addresses and gives you door to door directions using public transportation.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Excellent tool

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 16, 2008

This is a great tool to use if you aren't familiar with where you are going and how to get there.

Plug in your starting location, your final destination and your mood of transportation (subway, etc.) and hotspot will give you the directions door to door.

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

Hop On Hop Off

by sugarpuff Written Feb 5, 2006

I heard through my many planning sessions on VT before I left that there is a double decker bus, similar to that in London which is a hop on hop off bus which goes around the city. At the time of reading up on NYC, I thought that it was actually a good idea to get one of them when we arrived, but then we DID actually get there, we figured it was much easier than we had imagined to get around the city, and we didnt need to do it with the exhorbitant fees that they charge for this bus. As I said on the previous tip, using the subway was VERY conveneient and walking did the trick too, but if you dont care to be underground at all, the the following is what you need to know for the bus trips.

There is a hop on hop off bus which goes around the city and charges $37 per person. This may seem like a good idea if you're prone to aching feet and legs, but from what I've read on other people's pages, and PLEASE do go read them as I didnt take the tour myself, it is something to be wary of.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Hop On Hop Off Bus

by Mikebb Updated Aug 8, 2007

New York Sightseeing  Bus

For those who have limited time or want to do an orientation tour of the city the Hop On Hop Off bus tours are good. You see them all over the city, full of people and if you are a sole traveller it is a great way to enjoy your day.

• Seniors

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Hop On Hop Off bus.

by mindcrime Written Jul 24, 2008

hop on hop off bus around NYC

Like in most of touristic cities in the world there is also a hop on hop off here in NY too. It’s a probably a good start to tour the city and take photos from the top floor of the bus. There are many people selling tickets for it at the center (I counted more than 20 at 42th street and general around Times Square). The bus make more than 50 stops from Harlem to Empire State Building, Greenwich Village etc. I still think that the boat tour is much better though.

• MZK's Profile Photo

The best directions in NYC

by MZK Updated Sep 22, 2008

As this is the most comprehensive website for public transportation directions in New York, even New Yorkers use is all the time. It will give you directions, estimated travel time plus walking directions.

• April1985's Profile Photo

Never get lost again !

by April1985 Written Sep 20, 2007

This is the best website ever . I use this all the time when I go into the city . When I lived in long island this was such a get tool for me because I would find out where I should go from penn station , because that is where I would come in at . From there it would tell me to walk on the street however many blocks or take the subway from penn station to this street then get out and walk this many blocks . You can also choose if you would like more walking , or more subway . Its such a great tool to use and I am so happy I found it online .

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels