Know about this?
NO SMOKING!!!!!! Police on ticketing blitz in NYC!
Warning: There is no smoking in NYC. Even in bars. If you are caught it is a very expensive fine. NYC is in a budget crisis, so the Police are on a ticket blitz (even though they deny it on the news). People have been ticketed for putting their cigarettes out on the sidewalk or on the street. Basically, the cops are looking for any reason to ticket you, and almost everything is against the law - so look out. The city has issued 37 citations to 29 bars and restaurants for violations of the new smoking ban since the beginning of May 2003. The ban, which went into effect on March 30th, prohibits smoking in about 13,000 bars, restaurants, offices, pool halls, bingo parlors and bowling alleys throughout the city. Fines of up to $2,000 are set by a judge after a hearing. Per Mayor Michael Bloomberg's implemented law.
- Work Abroad
- Study Abroad
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
New York City Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cameron Highlands Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Cebu City
- Puerto Princesa City Hotels
- York Mills Hotels
- Manayunk Hotels
- Laoag City
- Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Rio de Janeiro Warnings and Dangers
- Chicago Warnings and Dangers
- Bora-Bora Warnings and Dangers
- Phuket Warnings and Dangers
- The Bahamas Warnings and Dangers
- Boracay Island Warnings and Dangers
- Kazakhstan Warnings and Dangers
- Addis Ababa Warnings and Dangers
- Madrid Warnings and Dangers
- Karachi Warnings and Dangers