Newburgh Restaurants

Bacon wrapped shrimp in wasabi sauce
    Crab & Shrimp wrap with onion rings
    View from our table :)

Most Recent Restaurants in Newburgh

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Gateway Diner: A Late Night Bite to Eat

by cjg1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Waiting for my fires....

I have been to this diner twice; once with Liz, J&T and then just with Liz. We were on our way back from Mom's and Liz was starving so I decided to pull into the diner for a quick bite to eat. The place has the typical diner items and diner layout. When we walked in we couldn't believe how dead the place was. Only three other tables of customers. Our waitres seated us at a booth by the front window. Liz ordered a grilled cheese, french fries and an iced tea. I wasn't too hungry so I ordered some fries with cheese and gravy with a coke. The service was good and the food hit the spot.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the fries. They were more potato wedges than fries and reminded me of the wedges from KFC that I love so much.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Il Cena'Colo: Good Italian Food and Friendly Service

by cjg1 Updated Jan 27, 2010

Our first visit here was for Mother's Day dinner 2009(actually Saturday night and not actually Mother's Day). This place is a favorite of my Mother and her fiancee so we decided to take her here for dinner. From the outside the place didn't look like much but the inside was a warm and inviting dining room. We were seated at a nice table for six in the back of the dining room and handed menus. The staff seems to know my Mother and Hal well since they are here so often. The specials list is an experince in itself: the waiter describes all the specials which tok about twenty minutes and ranged from appetizers, soups, salads, chicken, fish, meat and pasta. My head was actually spinning from all the choices. We all chose to pick a differnt entree each and then share if anyone wanted some bites. Our waiter out some bread on th etable along with a delicous tapanade of garlic and zuccini in olive oil. It was incredible. For my apetizer I had the fried calamari and Liz had the grilled artichoke hearts. The calamari was very tasty but the portion was a bit on the small side. Liz's artichokes wer very good and her portion was surprisingly very large. For an entree I decided on the rack of lamb and Liz ordered the Seafod Risotto. My lamb was good but not very filling. Liz liked her Risotto but I wasn't thrilled with my bite of it. I did like my Mother's Pumkin Ravioli which was excellent and had an incredible sauce. For dessert I had their Tiramisu which was pretty dam good ( I ate the whole thing). Liz had a chocolate lava cake which was not very good (she only had two bites).

Our second visit here was to celebrate my Mother's 60th birthday. The food was incredible. We started off with a series of appetizers, stuffed mushrooms, grilled langostinos, carpaccio and pasta with black truffles. The stuffed mushrooms were excellent with an eggplant and pancetta stuffing. The langostinos were huge with delicious sweet meat.

For dinner Mom had Chicken Caccitore, Hal had Trout, I had steak and Liz had Spinach Ravioli in a mushroom cream sauce. Out of all the entrees I tasted I liked Liz's the best. he ravioli was incredibly good and the sauce was unbelievable; I kept dipping bread into the sauce it was that good. For dessert we all had Tiramisu except for Liz who had the apple streudel. the desserts were delicious and perfect with a nice glass of champagne to finish.

The food here is very good and the service here is tops. The staf never hovers or rushes you which is a bonus for a good meal.

T.G.I. Friday's: TGI FRIDAYS ANOTHER AMERICAN CHAIN

by moiraistyx Written Apr 13, 2009

This is another one of those places to eat that I only go to out of convenience and the shear fact that the kids are going to find something to eat here that they will like. I have to admit that I once had a really tasty burger plate here. I also like the pomegranate margarita that they serve.

Applebee's: YET ANOTHER GREAT AMERICAN CHAIN

by moiraistyx Written Apr 13, 2009

I've been to this Applebee's location on several occasions and with several people. I've been here with my mom, my son, my ex-husband, my ex- boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend's brother and wife. I have to say that I mostly come to Applebee's because I am familiar with their menu and I know that there are things here that everyone in my family are going to enjoy. The waitresses are very accommodating when it comes to special nutritional needs and the special needs of families traveling with young children. The hours of the Newburgh location are:
    Monday - Saturday 11 AM - 1am
    Sunday 11 AM - Midnight

Favorite Dish: I love two items from here. The spinach artichoke dip and the turkey sandwich on cibatta bread.

LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE: So-So Food

by moiraistyx Written Dec 30, 2008
    salmon on rice with sweet potatoe

My mother in law is always raving about how much she likes this restaurant in Georgia, so when Richie and I got a gift card, we thought, what the heck, let's try it. Well we tried it and we were not very impressed. First of all, the place is way over crowded, especially given the quality of food. Secondly, it's way overpriced given the quality of the food and the portions. We had to wait nearly an hour for a table. Luckily there were a couple of recently vacated seats at the bar. I ordered a Pomegranate Margarita and Richie had a Bloody Mary. My drink was a bit on the strong side, which was good for me since I had such a long wait. To curb our hunger we ordered the Shrimp and Lobster dip, which is shrimp and lobster in a creamy wine cheese sauce served with multi-colored chips for dipping. When we were finally seated, the waitress came over. She went through the traditional scripted greeting, which was highly irritating. She had no personality what so ever. I got the Salmon which was served on a bed of rice with a sweet potato as my side. The salmon was cooked just right, but lacked any real spice. I did enjoy the sweet potato which was served with some butter and cinnamon. Richie ordered a steak with some fries. At first he had a tough time cutting the steak and when he made mention about it to the waitress it was like she didn't even hear him. I had a blackberry iced tea with my meal which was also very yummy.

Favorite Dish: The sweet potato with cinnamon butter.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Machu Picchu: Machu Picchu Peruvian Restaurant

by Ekahau Written Nov 25, 2006

Newburgh Machu Picchu Peruvian Restaurant

Real Peruvian food served in a home cooking style. The place was all pervian guest the day we visited and I got to know the family of 11 next to us who were very helpful. Tasty Soup including seafood soup and if you love beans and yucca -- this is the place lots of those.

if you want something different from the Italian and American all around us in the Mid Hudson this would qualify for that -- The meal was very different to anything I’ve had before: very rustic and down to earth but basic good flavors. The place feels like family warm and cozy with a South America home feel.

The desert like flan was very good and made my the owners family

Favorite Dish: Sea Bass Machu Picchu: Broiled sea bass, doused in a scrumptious lobster sauce with Jumbo Shirmps, baked in cogñac and parmesan a gratin. Yes very tasty.

and

Pescado a lo Macho filet of pollack served with a medley of fresh seafood diced up and served over yuca.

• Museum Visits

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Torches on the Hudson: Dine on the Hudson River

by Ekahau Written Nov 25, 2006

Torches on the Hudson

My VT friend moiraistyx that has lived in the Hudson Valley for some time not a newbee like me recommend this place -- very nice choice moiraistyx.

In fact the Prime rib was very tasty and the “cool aquarium” was well a place to “Watch the fish”. With a wonderful view of the Hudson river and the town of beacon wayyyy across the wide river sort of American mixed with a little New York Italian. It is a fun place to take kids with the seagulls outside and the aquarium inside – all and all a nice place.

It is a new place open in 2001 on the Riverfront one of many Cosmos eating places in this part of the Hudson Valley the whole group of 9 or ten restaurants are owned by a family in this area.

Favorite Dish: Prime Rib very tasty slow roasted aged prime rib with scallion cheddar potatoes

• Although Chianti's doesn't sit...

by zaza100 Written Oct 4, 2002

Although Chianti's doesn't sit along the Hudson River and does not offer a view, it has and long been known as a four star Italian Cuisine restaurant. Its owner John Frontera is a very hospitable, generous and enterprising young man. He will do anything to make your stay pleasant worth your while. And ofcourse, the food is out of this world!
    Music acommpaniment.

Favorite Dish: -Penne a la Vodka
    -Soft shell crab

Instant Answers: Newburgh

Comments

Newburgh Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Newburgh restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Newburgh sightseeing.