Niagara Falls Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Niagara Falls

• Minceta's Profile Photo

"Top of the Falls': Great view on the Horseshoe Fall

by Minceta Written Nov 15, 2012

In the park itself where the Falls are (I am talking about the American side of the Falls) there is not a big number of restaurants, but I can suggest to have a meal in the restaurant "Top of the Falls" mostly because of its location. The food there is quite OK, but the location is really good, there is a nice view on the "Horseshoe Fall" from the terrace. But I would also suggest everybody to make a prior reservation as the interest for the restaurant is much bigger than its capacity. The only disadvantage when we were there (at the end of July) was a big number of wasps for which we were adverted. But, despite the wasps, our stay there was very well worth it due to the really great view. As far as I know, the restaurant is open during the summer months.

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Donatello's: Pizza and Wings

by bekssa Written Nov 28, 2009
    Donatello's

The pizza was wonderful. I think the best part was the owner. I notice on the menu that he also had Buffalo wings and I told him that I'd never had them before. I also told him about finding his place by reviews online. He seemed very proud of that and he also became like a man on a mission to make sure that I found out what REAL Buffalo wings were all about. He was very interested in what we thought of them and it was just a great experience. He is the perfect restaurant owner!! Fantastic host. Even gave us advice on getting to the Falls plus he had maps there that helped us. As we were getting ready to leave, I asked him about an ingredient I saw that I was unfamiliar with--Capicola. He immediately went back and brought me out a sample of it! Terrific place. Wonderful food.

Favorite Dish: Hard to decide. These were my first Buffalo style wings and I fell in love with them.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Mama Mia's: Wow, great Italian Food!

by Yaqui Updated Jul 19, 2009

While we were wondering in the downtown area near the falls, we ventured into this establishment. What great food! We enjoyed what we ate and gobbled up everything in between. It's a good choice to try this place out!

Favorite Dish: We both had the Homemade Lasagna:-) Delicious!

Top of the falls of the Restaurant: Top of the Falls Restaurant

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Oct 2, 2007

The Top of the Falls Restaurant is located at Terrapin Point in Goat Island. This is where you can have a magnificent view of the Horsheshoe falls while dining. They have live bands to entertain you. Though we didnt try to eat here, seems like the food are ok witt lots of tourists having lunch and snack when we visited the place. Next to it is the top of the falls souvenir shop. The Niagara scenic trolley stops here. You can avail the 10% discount from the passport to the falls ticket coupon.

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Oct 2, 2007

Althogh we didnt try to dine here, it seems like their food are good and well presented. The place is mostly flocked by toruists coming out from Niagara Falls trip.
    A souvenir shop is just adjacent to it.

Hours:
    Sun - Thur 11:00AM- 11:00PM
    Fri - Sat 11:00AM - 12:00AM
    Merchandise:
    Mon - Sun 11:00AM - Closes with Cafe

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

Donatello's: Mama Mia! Delicioso!

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Oct 2, 2007

On our second day, we are all craving to eat pizza and so we decided to go for lunch at Pizza hut. through the help of our friendly Garmin GPS we found one Pizza Hut branch near our hotel. Unfortunately, when we reach the place, the Pizza Hut branch is already closed (permanently closed!) Honestly, its quite hard to find good restaurants within the vicinity. Although Denny's is just at the lobby of our hotel but having bad experiences with their Orlando branch we didnt mind driving few minutes to find a nice place to eat.
    Within the area lots of establishments like restaurants, shops, grocery stores are all closed. just cant figure out if the tourism industry in Niagara is really down or what.
    Anyway, we roam around the place and try to look for one neat place to eat coz we were all hungry. Its a blessing! that we found this Italian Pizza Parlour/resto named Donatello's. Located just on the next street behind our hotel.
    A family owned business serving great and yummy foods. Pizza, Salads, Subs, Pasta etc.
    Served fresh and hot! Italian style! Definitely Recommended!

Favorite Dish: Greek and Ceasar's Salad
    All their Pizza
    Subs
    Pasta

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

McDonald's Frontier House: Wouldn't Ever Guess!

by Yaqui Updated Sep 18, 2007

Built in 1824, this was America's only McDonald's that is a registered National Landmark, but now it is empty. Frontier House served as a stagecoach stop and was visited by DeWitt Clinton, Edward Prince of Wales, James Fennimore Cooper, President McKinley, Jenny Lind, Henry Clay, John L Sullivan, and many others. Known as the "Finest Hotel West of Albany". The stone of the building was shipped from the Bay of Quinte.

I would have to say this is the nicest looking McDonald's I had ever seen. Converting this beautiful old mansion was pretty cool! I am sure the city is going to preserve it for future generations to see it.

National Registor No.NY0958

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Donatello's: Popular Niagara Falls Eating Place!

by machomikemd Written Aug 18, 2007

Steve Fournier Sr at Donatello's

Donatello's is an old Third street place in niagara falls owned by Steve Fournier Sr. They are famous for cheap but quality pizzas, assorted delicatessen, subs and buffalo wings.

Favorite Dish: Pizza's galore at $3.99 a slice, buffalo chicken wings at $ 6 and the various subs which taste better than quiznos, Donatello’s uses a soybean oil that is trans fat free in its deep fryer, but uses a product on its chicken wings that has a small amount of trans fat in it.

Frozen products such as mozzarella sticks and onion rings, don’t have any trans fats.

• Wine Tasting

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Top of the Falls Restaurant: Lunch with a World Class View

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 16, 2006

Karen at our Table

Top of the Falls Restaurant is not the kind of place you go to have a fine meal, but it is the perfect spot for enjoying a lunch break while visiting Niagara Falls. Karen and I ordered cheeseburgers here, and they were good. What was even better was the fabulous view of the Niagara River plunging over Horseshow Falls (the Canadian Falls) just outside our window.

Seating is tiered, so even those not beside the window have a decent view. There are also two outdoor dining decks.

The prices here might have been a bit higher than one might expect from a restaurant of the same quality elsewhere, but we came more for the view than for the food, and in that we were not disapointed. Also, the service was excellent.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

The Red Coach Inn: A Fine-dining Restaurant in Touristville!

by johngayton Updated Apr 22, 2006

Lunch

This is a serious restaurant here in Niagara Falls and the acommodation side looks classy too. I was in search of a beer and a light lunch, nothing too heavy, and the building caught my my eye with its faux-Tudor architecture and deep-red awnings. A look at the menu posted outside was enough to convince me that this place would fit the bill.

The restaurant presents itself as fairly formal with a very British up-market style - by all accounts the building was modelled on an English Inn: The Old Bell at Finedon, but the formality does not preclude casual dining, certainly not on a quiet lunch-time in mid-April.

I only had an appetiser and a beer whilst sitting at the bar (although I was offered a table) but I was impressed - excellent attentive service, good food, beer as good as it gets here in the US - draught Bass, and a pleasantly laid-back classiness. If I ever find myself in this area again this will be my number one destination to give the menu a serious work-out.

This is definitely not "fast-food" and the menu changes daily with variations on steak, duck, seafood etc. The menus are not over-elaborate or pretentious, taste and texture rather than frilly language being this kitchen's priorities.

Favorite Dish: Having only had one lunch here, and only one dish at that, then I suppose the "Deep-fried, crab-stuffed artichokes with chive buerre blanc and dressed leaves" will have to be my favourite so far. Accompanied by crusty bread with two butters (plain and tomato?), a good olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip and washed-down by a perfectly good pint of (US) Bass, this was a minor culinary experience.

For about $15 I was more than satisfied - I did think about leaving a $5 tip but insisted on $2 change from my twenty just so as not to appear too flash!

Thinking about the menu - a full-three course meal will veer towards the pricier end of the market but if the quality is as good as my simple lunch then it will be excellent value for money.

Top of the Fals Restaurant: Not very impressed with service

Top of the Falls Restuarant

As Terry & I biked around the falls we thought we would stop in for a drink and maybe a bite to eat. This turned into a big deal, the service was VERY SLOW, and I mean SLOW. We only had dessert and that took about 25 minutes. The view was very nice and the dessert was really good but we were so turned off by the server and the service not to mention the price, I would not suggest going

Che'z Carole': Good coffee and breakfast

by tpangelinan Written Jul 9, 2005

We found this great little place to have a cup of coffee and breakfast one morning, the owner was very nice and a good cook too. The food was very fresh and the best cup of coffee we had there, the prices were very reasonable. The owner gave us a great run down of the local government and what's going on in the area and some good history. It's located on the main market place near the Wax museum and well worth the trip. His croissants sandwiches were to die for!

• Luxury Travel

Buffet in the Senica Niagara Casino: Buffet in the Seneca Niagara Casino

by tpangelinan Written Jul 9, 2005

If you are looking for a good place to eat lunch or dinner go check out the buffet at the Seneca Niagara Casino. This was one of the best meals we had here in Niagara Falls and one of the cheapest. There is a very large spread of all kinds of food from all type of meats, pastas, oriental, deserts, veggies and much more to choose from. This was a very ejoyable place to dine at. Then go drop a few dollars at the casino for a little fun atfer dinner.

• Luxury Travel

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

The Como: Great Italian Food

by TimDaoust Written Mar 28, 2005

This is a cozy little joint that's apparently been around for some time. We picked it out just by looking in the phone book and on a whim. boy was it good. We sat by the window and looked out on Pine Ave. and enjoyed a great meal with great service. The restaurant I think was opened around 1927.

Favorite Dish: I had the Lamb chops and bruschetta, my wife, the scallops and mushrooms in a butter sauce and their clam appetizer that was stuffed with all sorts of good stuff. mmmm.

• Jimmy_Stimm's Profile Photo

Teds: Teds!!

by Jimmy_Stimm Written Dec 5, 2004

Teds is another local chain and it's famous for it's char-broiled hot dogs. I'm not a huge hot dog fan but Ted's is a must for me when I'm in the area.

Favorite Dish: My usual order consists of two hot dogs with hot sauce, relish, onions and pickles. I round it off with an order of onion rings and a coke. Good stuff.

Instant Answers: Niagara Falls

Comments

Niagara Falls Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Niagara Falls restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Niagara Falls sightseeing.

View all Niagara Falls hotels