Niagara Falls Restaurants

by Cielo_Algaeed

Best Rated Restaurants in Niagara Falls

Buffet in the Senica Niagara Casino: Buffet in the Seneca Niagara Casino

by tpangelinan Written Jul 9, 2005

If you are looking for a good place to eat lunch or dinner go check out the buffet at the Seneca Niagara Casino. This was one of the best meals we had here in Niagara Falls and one of the cheapest. There is a very large spread of all kinds of food from all type of meats, pastas, oriental, deserts, veggies and much more to choose from. This was a very ejoyable place to dine at. Then go drop a few dollars at the casino for a little fun atfer dinner.

• Luxury Travel

Che'z Carole': Good coffee and breakfast

by tpangelinan Written Jul 9, 2005

We found this great little place to have a cup of coffee and breakfast one morning, the owner was very nice and a good cook too. The food was very fresh and the best cup of coffee we had there, the prices were very reasonable. The owner gave us a great run down of the local government and what's going on in the area and some good history. It's located on the main market place near the Wax museum and well worth the trip. His croissants sandwiches were to die for!

• Luxury Travel

Top of the Fals Restaurant: Not very impressed with service

by tpangelinan Written Jul 9, 2005

As Terry & I biked around the falls we thought we would stop in for a drink and maybe a bite to eat. This turned into a big deal, the service was VERY SLOW, and I mean SLOW. We only had dessert and that took about 25 minutes. The view was very nice and the dessert was really good but we were so turned off by the server and the service not to mention the price, I would not suggest going

Top of the Falls Restuarant
    • Beer Tasting

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

Donatello's: Mama Mia! Delicioso!

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Oct 2, 2007

On our second day, we are all craving to eat pizza and so we decided to go for lunch at Pizza hut. through the help of our friendly Garmin GPS we found one Pizza Hut branch near our hotel. Unfortunately, when we reach the place, the Pizza Hut branch is already closed (permanently closed!) Honestly, its quite hard to find good restaurants within the vicinity. Although Denny's is just at the lobby of our hotel but having bad experiences with their Orlando branch we didnt mind driving few minutes to find a nice place to eat.
    Within the area lots of establishments like restaurants, shops, grocery stores are all closed. just cant figure out if the tourism industry in Niagara is really down or what.
    Anyway, we roam around the place and try to look for one neat place to eat coz we were all hungry. Its a blessing! that we found this Italian Pizza Parlour/resto named Donatello's. Located just on the next street behind our hotel.
    A family owned business serving great and yummy foods. Pizza, Salads, Subs, Pasta etc.
    Served fresh and hot! Italian style! Definitely Recommended!

Favorite Dish: Greek and Ceasar's Salad
    All their Pizza
    Subs
    Pasta

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Oct 2, 2007

Althogh we didnt try to dine here, it seems like their food are good and well presented. The place is mostly flocked by toruists coming out from Niagara Falls trip.
    A souvenir shop is just adjacent to it.

Hours:
    Sun - Thur 11:00AM- 11:00PM
    Fri - Sat 11:00AM - 12:00AM
    Merchandise:
    Mon - Sun 11:00AM - Closes with Cafe

Top of the falls of the Restaurant: Top of the Falls Restaurant

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Oct 2, 2007

The Top of the Falls Restaurant is located at Terrapin Point in Goat Island. This is where you can have a magnificent view of the Horsheshoe falls while dining. They have live bands to entertain you. Though we didnt try to eat here, seems like the food are ok witt lots of tourists having lunch and snack when we visited the place. Next to it is the top of the falls souvenir shop. The Niagara scenic trolley stops here. You can avail the 10% discount from the passport to the falls ticket coupon.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Mama Mia's: Wow, great Italian Food!

by Yaqui Updated Jul 19, 2009

While we were wondering in the downtown area near the falls, we ventured into this establishment. What great food! We enjoyed what we ate and gobbled up everything in between. It's a good choice to try this place out!

Favorite Dish: We both had the Homemade Lasagna:-) Delicious!

Judy's Lounge: Chicken Wings

by Jimmy_Stimm Written Dec 3, 2004

You're in the geographic area that gave the world the chicken wing. If you want to go to the birthplace of the chicken wing you can head out to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. If you want wings that are just as good and only 10 minutes from the falls you can go to Judy's Lounge.

Favorite Dish: Judy's has the best wings in town. That's my opinion. And on Sunday they're only ten cents a piece. Beers are cheap at Judy's too so you can go watch football and get 20 wings and a beer for a whopping four bucks.

Mighty Taco: Puts Taco Bell to shame,not that TB needs any help

by Jimmy_Stimm Written Dec 3, 2004

This may be a fast food chain, but it's damn good fast food. It's your typical mexican fast food menu, but the food is quality. There are only a handful of them in existence, and all in Western New York. So you can call it local cuisine.

Favorite Dish: I usually just stick with the original. A "Mighty Taco", Hot, Soft Shell. One isn't enough to make a meal. At .99 Cents a piece you can afford to get three or four. If you're like me, you want to make a slob of yourself. Go for the "Mighty Pack"...six tacos for five bucks.

Teds: Teds!!

by Jimmy_Stimm Written Dec 5, 2004

Teds is another local chain and it's famous for it's char-broiled hot dogs. I'm not a huge hot dog fan but Ted's is a must for me when I'm in the area.

Favorite Dish: My usual order consists of two hot dogs with hot sauce, relish, onions and pickles. I round it off with an order of onion rings and a coke. Good stuff.

Rockets: Unique Pizza

by Jimmy_Stimm Updated Dec 3, 2004

Trusello's Bakery was a local diamond in the rough for years in Niagara Falls. It was located in a no frills "room" stuffed away in a back alley. There was no place for the customer in this room. You walk in and you're standing in the middle of the kitchen. You'd tell the baker what you wanted and he'd send you on your way. The Trusello's bread was great, but the real prize was the pizza. It's far from traditional pizza and is the one truly unique food in the city. Sadly, the owners of Trusello's passed away in the early 90's and the kids didn't want to carry on the business, so the bakery closed. But the pizza was saved. A place named Rockets bought the recipe and they do a fine job of reproducing it.

Favorite Dish: This pizza is truly unique. It's traditionally served cold so if you happen to catch it right out of the oven you have to stick it in the fridge for a while. The crust is tougher than the NY style pizzas and it's nice and oily. It's topped with a generous portion of tasty tomato sauce and lightly sprinkled with cheese. The taste is very unique. Rockets does a pretty good job of reproducing the recipe. It's about 97% there. When ordering, be sure to ask for "Trusello's Style".

• Hiking and Walking

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

McDonald's Frontier House: Wouldn't Ever Guess!

by Yaqui Updated Sep 18, 2007

Built in 1824, this was America's only McDonald's that is a registered National Landmark, but now it is empty. Frontier House served as a stagecoach stop and was visited by DeWitt Clinton, Edward Prince of Wales, James Fennimore Cooper, President McKinley, Jenny Lind, Henry Clay, John L Sullivan, and many others. Known as the "Finest Hotel West of Albany". The stone of the building was shipped from the Bay of Quinte.

I would have to say this is the nicest looking McDonald's I had ever seen. Converting this beautiful old mansion was pretty cool! I am sure the city is going to preserve it for future generations to see it.

National Registor No.NY0958

David's: Chicken Finger Sub

by Jimmy_Stimm Written Dec 3, 2004

David's is your typical sub shop that pumps out incredible subs.

Favorite Dish: My favorite item on the menu is the Chicken Finger Sub. David's has been preparing this for years but recently it's been popping up in sports bars across the country as the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. If you want to try the original drive on down Niagara Falls Blvd to David's. If you don't like spicy food try the steak and cheese. It's equally as good.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Top of the Falls Restaurant: Lunch with a World Class View

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 16, 2006

Top of the Falls Restaurant is not the kind of place you go to have a fine meal, but it is the perfect spot for enjoying a lunch break while visiting Niagara Falls. Karen and I ordered cheeseburgers here, and they were good. What was even better was the fabulous view of the Niagara River plunging over Horseshow Falls (the Canadian Falls) just outside our window.

Seating is tiered, so even those not beside the window have a decent view. There are also two outdoor dining decks.

The prices here might have been a bit higher than one might expect from a restaurant of the same quality elsewhere, but we came more for the view than for the food, and in that we were not disapointed. Also, the service was excellent.

Karen at our Table Top of the Falls Restaurant The View from our Table Another View from the Restaurant

• johngayton's Profile Photo

The Red Coach Inn: A Fine-dining Restaurant in Touristville!

by johngayton Updated Apr 22, 2006

This is a serious restaurant here in Niagara Falls and the acommodation side looks classy too. I was in search of a beer and a light lunch, nothing too heavy, and the building caught my my eye with its faux-Tudor architecture and deep-red awnings. A look at the menu posted outside was enough to convince me that this place would fit the bill.

The restaurant presents itself as fairly formal with a very British up-market style - by all accounts the building was modelled on an English Inn: The Old Bell at Finedon, but the formality does not preclude casual dining, certainly not on a quiet lunch-time in mid-April.

I only had an appetiser and a beer whilst sitting at the bar (although I was offered a table) but I was impressed - excellent attentive service, good food, beer as good as it gets here in the US - draught Bass, and a pleasantly laid-back classiness. If I ever find myself in this area again this will be my number one destination to give the menu a serious work-out.

This is definitely not "fast-food" and the menu changes daily with variations on steak, duck, seafood etc. The menus are not over-elaborate or pretentious, taste and texture rather than frilly language being this kitchen's priorities.

Favorite Dish: Having only had one lunch here, and only one dish at that, then I suppose the "Deep-fried, crab-stuffed artichokes with chive buerre blanc and dressed leaves" will have to be my favourite so far. Accompanied by crusty bread with two butters (plain and tomato?), a good olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip and washed-down by a perfectly good pint of (US) Bass, this was a minor culinary experience.

For about $15 I was more than satisfied - I did think about leaving a $5 tip but insisted on $2 change from my twenty just so as not to appear too flash!

Thinking about the menu - a full-three course meal will veer towards the pricier end of the market but if the quality is as good as my simple lunch then it will be excellent value for money.

Lunch OK So it's faux, who cares?
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Niagara Falls

Comments

Niagara Falls Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Niagara Falls restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Niagara Falls sightseeing.

View all Niagara Falls hotels