Nyack Travel Guide

• Restaurants

Nyack Hotels

Nyack Restaurants

by blueskyjohn Written Dec 14, 2014

What a great name for a bar/restaurant. This is actually more of an upscale type of restaurant. It is fairly new. It is in the old location for a bar/restaurant called Black Bear Saloon. I had eaten at the old establishment several times and it was average.

The new place, Prohibition River is completely done over and as I said more upscale. I stopped in for lunch after a morning hike. I sat at the bar and ordered the Classic burger and fries. The burger came with some special steak sauce already on it. The burger was very tasty but a bit small. However, with the french fries is was the perfect amount.

Other items on the menu looked very good so I will have to return for dinner sometime. Would definitely return for lunch.

Hours:

Friday 11:30 am – 11:30 pm
    Saturday 11:30 am – 11:30 pm
    Sunday 11:30 am – 10:30 pm

by blueskyjohn Written Dec 10, 2014

Stop in for late lunch on a weekend after hiking in a nearby state park. Checked out the menu and something caught my eye immediately. French Fries covered in a Mole' sauce. Yummmm. I had to try this. The wait staff was a little slow in seating me. But once seating they were quick to take my order and the food came out rather fast.

I ordered the grilled chicken burrito and of course the mole' covered fries. The burrito alone would be enough for a meal on it's own. The fries are thin and crispy. The Mole sauce was very good. There could have been more of the sauce but I was happy. I'm surprised more places don't offer this, at least I haven't found any.

It is convenient and fast. I will be returning again for sure!

Favorite Dish: The french fries covered in Mole sauce.

by blueskyjohn Written Dec 10, 2014

I have eaten here several times and never had a bad experience. My most recent visit was for brunch after hiking at a nearby state park. I sat at the bar and ordered an egg dish that came with beacon. I asked to replace the beacon with chorizo which was not a problem. The chorizo was the highlight but not enough. I would not repeat for brunch.

However if you was a decent dinner meal and craving salsa, chips and beer. This is a pretty good place with a nice atmosphere. There are also open late.

Hours:

Saturday 12:00 pm – 3:00 am
    Sunday 12:00 – 11:00 pm

• Singles

Instant Answers: Nyack

Comments

Nyack Travel Guide
Map of Nyack