Peekamoose Travel Guide

Peekamoose Things to Do

by moiraistyx Written Apr 2, 2009

So John and Kelly told us about this basin of water that is so deep and clear that the water looks as if it's a midnight blue. Of course we went in search of it. It was kind of hard to find since you can't see it from the road. We had to walk down a dirt trail and through the woods before we even caught a glimpse of the basin. Well, they were definitely right. The water was really cold, I only put my toes in and it was a beautiful shade of midnight blue. I was not disappointed with our visit. It started raining while we were here but it was a really gentle rain. Kelly told us that each year the local kids hang a rope swing from some ridiculously high tree branch and that every year the local authorities cut the rope swing down. While we were there we were able to find the rope swing hanging on the other side of the basin. None of us were brave enough to try it.

by moiraistyx Written Apr 2, 2009

I absolutely love waterfalls, so when John and Kelly told us about this one, I was more than excited to go see it. The great thing about this waterfall is that you can climb along side the water to nearly the top of the falls. I had no problem scurrying up the rocks and walking as close to the falls as I could without Richie getting nervous. We had such a great time and didn't want to leave. I made sure to take off my tennies and socks and wading through the shallow waters at the bottom of the falls. I had to watch out for slippery spots of course. Kelly scaled the opposite side of the falls as Richie and I which allowed for some great pictures from every angle. John was a fraidy cat and stayed at the bottom. Lucky for us cause he got a great shot of me and Richie near the top of the falls.

• Mountain Climbing

• Peekamoose Hotels

0 Hotels in Peekamoose

Peekamoose Transportation

by moiraistyx Written Apr 2, 2009

Because Peekamoose is in the middle of nowhere, its important to have some sort of vehicle to get to and from and around the area. A vehicle with 4 wheel drive would be best but really any will do. I would avoid a large vehicle because parking is limited and the spaces are very small and close to the road. Some of the turns are really tight making larger vehicle often move into the opposite lane.

Peekamoose What to Pack

swim suit

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: sunblock
    sunscreen
    lip balm

Photo Equipment: a camera is a must

the scenery is fantastic you'll want to bring extra film if you haven't already gone digital

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: flash light
    swiss army knife

Miscellaneous: towel

Peekamoose Favorites

by moiraistyx Written Apr 2, 2009

Favorite thing: We didn't see any places to eat on our drive luck for us we had packed a picnic lunch. There are loads of beautiful places to stop and enjoy a picnic lunch. We decided to enjoy ours at the water basin. It's best to bring foods easy to eat, sandwiches, fresh fruit, bottled water etc. Remember that whatever you bring in you must take out, this includes your garbage and especially your water bottles.

Fondest memory: Sitting on the rocks with Richie eating our turkey sandwiches.

kelly munching

Instant Answers: Peekamoose

Comments

Peekamoose Travel Guide
Map of Peekamoose