Plattsburgh Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Easty
  • Good food @ Anthony's Bistro, Plattsburgh, NY
    Good food @ Anthony's Bistro,...
    by L-A

Best Rated Restaurants in Plattsburgh

• L-A's Profile Photo

Anthony's Restaurant and Bistro: Cosy romantic restaurant and bistro

by L-A Written Oct 20, 2006
    Good food @ Anthony's Bistro, Plattsburgh, NY

First rate food. We ate in the bistro - cheaper and more casual, but still great meals. I had chicken with marinara sauce and angel hair pasta, and Tony had duck confit done beautifully with vegetables. We had fresh warm bread, friendly service, then had coffee and shared some delightful homemade black raspberry icecream with bits of dark chocolate in it. We didn't have wine at the bistro, we brought that with us and it was at the hotel instead. So our meal with tip was $45 US.

Favorite Dish: Black raspberry homemade ice cream. Homemade firm texture, but still creamy.

• klmousseau's Profile Photo

Ronnie's Michigan Stand: Carhop service still exists!

by klmousseau Written Feb 13, 2008

Ronnie's is a North Country (Northern NY) must see. What's a michigan? It's kind of like a chili-dog, but not. Basically it's a hot dog with a meat sauce on top. Michigans are famous in Clinton County and everyone has a different recipe. Ronnie's is the 3rd oldest Michigan Stand in Plattsburgh - open since 1959. It offers other items on the menu as well, the usual staples: hamburgers, fries, chicken strips and of course milkshakes, made with real ice cream and milk - a meal in itself. Open seasonly from April to October, stop in for the North Country's best michigan and say hi to the Ronnie's girls.

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Butcher Block: My Fav

by apbeaches Updated Jul 16, 2008

I've been enjoying the Butcher Block since the 1970's. The interior, designed in natural wood, with high ceilings, archways, and the most unique chandeliers; they look like crisscrossed deer antlers, is reminiscent of an Adirondack Great House. The plant-filled solaria, running nearly the length of the building. Service is attentive; but I do enjoy helping myself at the salad bar.

I go to the Butcher Block for the incredible salad bar. The bread is warm and fresh, the soups aren't salty they're homemade and the endless fresh veggies and homemade dressing. The potatoes and steaks are cooked to perfection. Although I've never had room for dessert; we've celebrated special occasions throughout the years; every desert has been beyond special.

Favorite Dish: Soup, salad & steak

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Ponderosa: Get the salad bar!

by Bela_LUng Written May 5, 2004

Ok, so I have a weakness for Ponderosa. I could eat here every week and ...erm...ok, every two weeks. Or every month. yeah, ok, that's only 12 times a year.

Ponderosa has some great stuff on their cheap Salad Bar. You could eat that stuff all on its own and not buy a main course. I do suggest trying the steak though. It's this weird little piece of meat that doesn't quite taste like any other steak you've had....it's unique.

Anyways, the food is cheap and you can usually get in and out in a reasonable time.

Favorite Dish: Salad Bar!

Instant Answers: Plattsburgh

Comments

Plattsburgh Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Plattsburgh restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Plattsburgh sightseeing.