Port Chester Shopping

by cjg1

Best Rated Shopping in Port Chester

Bed, Bath & Beyond: Beddings, Housewares and More

by cjg1 Updated Aug 13, 2009

The name says it all: Bed, Bath and other items. This store is a small one compared to others I have been to. We've come here for various items such as shower curtains, towels, kichen accesories and bath mats. We recently came here to register for items for our wedding. The Registry department was very helpful and friendly in assisting us with our selections. They didn't have every items we wanted in the store but they were able to add items from the stores website for us.

What to buy: Anythibg from a can opener to fine china.

What to pay: Inexpensive to affordable.

A. I. Friedman: Good Art Supply Store

by cjg1 Updated Aug 13, 2009

A.I. Friedman is a store that carries art supplies, crafts, dried flowers, silk flowers, stationary, picture frames, seasonal items and does custom framing on site. Liz loves this store for her stationary, cards, picture frames and buying her art supplies. They can be a little on the pricey side but the quality is always good.

What to buy: Anything from stationary to large canvases for painting.

Michael's: Seasonal Items

by cjg1 Updated Aug 13, 2009

Michael's is a craft store that carries art supplies, frames, candles and seasonal items. Liz likes to come here around the holidays to find items for craft projects or to decorate gift boxes. They have a large selection of merchandise and the prices are very reasonable.

What to buy: We have bought decorative wine holders, stamps, gift wrap, holiday decorations and craft projects for the little cousins.

What to pay: Inexpensive to affordable.

Mangos & Pignoli Nuts!?: Apple Farms

by cjg1 Updated Dec 10, 2008

This is our local produce/vegetable store. They carry a large variety of fresh vegetables, fruit, dried fruits, nuts, cheeses and dairy items. Liz shops here often and loves their mangos. We also buy pignoli nuts here for when Liz makes her pesto sauce. I don't know why they are hard to find but Liz claims good pignolis are difficult to come by.

What to buy: Fruit, vegetables, nuts

What to pay: Affordable.
    The pignoli nuts can be pricey but they are no matter where you find them.

Park Deli: Italian Specialties and Cold Cuts

by cjg1 Updated Dec 9, 2008

Liz likes to buy our cold cuts and Italian products here. They have a rather nice selction of meats, vegetables, prepared food and assorted salads. They also make a really good roast beef sandwich. For about $6 you get a nice size sandwich with letuce and tomato.

What to buy: The fresh mozzarella here is incredibly good. Liz always buys it and I love to eat it. The roast beef is always delicious and great on a sandwich. The provolone is very good...a bit pricey but good.

Liquor Pantry: Wine and Spirits

by cjg1 Written Dec 12, 2008

Liquor Pantry is a rather large store with a nice selction of wine, champagne and liquors. We came in looking specifically for some wines that Liz had enjoyed on her visit to Tuscany. The staff was very helpful and found one of the wines she was looking for. Unfortunately the other wines were not available for import so she will have to rely on the relatives to ship her her supply of vino.

What to buy: Wine, Champagne or any other liquor you might need for home or a party.

What to pay: Inexpensive to expensive.

Our wine purchases were $17 a bottle.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Whole Foods: Not as Big as we are accustomed to...

by cjg1 Written Oct 28, 2013

My wife and I were excited to hear that WHole Foods was coming to Port Chester just one town over from where we live. We usually shop at the White Plains or Darien location and thought this would be a better option.

It's the usual Whole Food except the venue is smaller and selection is not as good as other locations. Parking is a nightmare and we barely made it out of the lot without someone hitting our car. I'll stick to Darien which is my preffered location or White Plains if I'm i the area.

Instant Answers: Port Chester

Comments

Port Chester Shopping

Reviews and photos of Port Chester shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Chester sightseeing.