Poughkeepsie Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Poughkeepsie

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Ruby Tuesday's: Surprisingly Good for a Chain

by cjg1 Updated May 18, 2009

The first time I came here was to meet up with Liz's friend Joe before heading out to the movies. I had never been in here before but it had the same TGI Friday's/Bennigan's feel to it with a bar area and dining room. Joe was waiting for us when we got ere so we didn't have to wait for a table. We ordered some nachos and sliders for the table and a round of drinks. The nachos weren't bad and the sliders were good. The service here was pretty good and we moved on to the bar after our mealwas done (we were still too early for our movie). The bar was filled with some people and wasn't overly crowded or noisy. It wasn't bad for a chain place; at least it was better than I had expected.

My second visit here was basically due to the fact we left Mom's late and were starving. There wasn't many options fo food between her house and home so I decided Ruby Tuesday's was the best option besides a diner. The place was pretty packed but we didn't have to wait for a table. We were seated at a booth in the bar area and our waiter John was very attentive in getting our drinks served and our order. We dedided to make it an appetizer night and ordered some spinach artichoke dip, sliders and crab cake. The artichoke dip was very good, I was actually surprised at how good it was. The sliders are always good here; juicy and flavorful. The crab cake was quite large an full of big chunks of crab meat and a spicy dipping sauce on the side. The appetizers hit the spot and we left here happy with the service and with full bellies.

Favorite Dish: The sliders and the spinach artichoke dip were my favorite.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Cold Stone Creamery: Just passing through and grabbed some Ice Cream

by cjg1 Updated Dec 26, 2008

We just happened to be in the area, it was a hot summer day and we were in the mood for ice cream. Cold Stone Creamery is not my favorite when it comes to ice cream but it was available. We stopped in for some waffle bowls of ice cream and then on our way.

Favorite Dish: I had the strawbery ice cream in a waffle bowl and Liz had the chocolate ice cream in a waffle bowl.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo

Cinco de Mayo Mexican Restaurant: Spicy Seafood Soup

by Ekahau Updated Oct 8, 2006

Caldo Camaron

New Clean very basic place with friendly Mexican Staff. Both time I ate here the customers were Mexican only and the Mexican Juke Box was really belching out Mexican Music -- Ya that kind of place. The Steak Nachos photo below were really tasty huge serving lots of steak and very tasty two Mexican cheeses, black beans, avocado, plus guacamole. Tacos are the real Mexican type made of 10 different meats to choose from, steak, chicken, Pork, goat, shrimp, spicy mexican sasuage, tripe to name a few. The first time I was there it was so packed with Mexican customers that I shared a table with two construction workers who told me that this was the new in spot for the Mexican community.

Favorite Dish: Caldo Camaron a very tasty spicy soup made with Shrimp, claims, Crab and Octopus. At Cinco de Mayo it is just loaded with big shrimp, and you add fresh onions, cilantro and lime juice to taste. They bring a big plate of fresh Tortillas and crispy Tostadas to eat the soup with., meal in itself for sure.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Baby Cakes: SANDWICHES AND PASTRIES

by moiraistyx Written May 2, 2006

This is a great cafe/eatery located next to Vassar College. It's sandwiches are served on home made bread and they are made with fresh ingrediants. There are also many vegan choices on the meno. There are a wide variety of drinks to chose from including coffee, smoothies, juice and flavored waters. Chica and I used to frequent this cafe, it's probably the best in the area. Every sandwich comes with a side salad. The Balsamic Vinegret is fantastic.

Favorite Dish: The avocado/cheddar sandwich

• Women's Travel

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

K & D Deli: DELI AT ITS BEST

by moiraistyx Written May 2, 2006

K&D is a traditional deli with fantastic salads, soups and sandwhiches. It has three locations throughout the Poughkeepsie and Hyde Park area. I highly recomment either of the 3 locations. They staff is friendly and courteous and the prices are reasonable. The coffee here is out of this world, well worth the buck and a half for a 16 ounce cup.

Favorite Dish: Any of the soups are great, Ambrosia Salad and the coffee. My most recent favorite dish here is the cranberry walnut salad with grilled chicken.

• Business Travel

• Tell your friends you ate at...

by noahsdad Written Aug 25, 2002

Tell your friends you ate at the CIA--the Culinary Institute of America. It looks like any college campus--but it's one of the nation's foremost professional schools for chefs. The school runs several restaurants (in various formats: contemporary American, Italian, healthy, etc.) where students get to practice their skills and shower you with attention. The food is first-rate, and the service is, too (remember: it's kind of a 'captive' labor force). Two reminders: reservations are highly recommended (we got in only because of a cancellation) and it's not cheap (it's what you would pay in a restaurant of comparable quality). But it's well worth it.

Instant Answers: Poughkeepsie

Comments

Poughkeepsie Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Poughkeepsie restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Poughkeepsie sightseeing.