Glenlo Tavern, Queens

6418 Fresh Pond Road 718-418-0661

Know about this? Rate It!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Glenlo Tavern: Watching a football game at the neighborhood pub

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 21, 2009

Ferni and I often found ourselves here on a Sunday during football season when we lived in the neighborhood. The pub was just a short walking distance from our home which was good as we didn't have to worry about driving.

This is a local bar that gets quite crowded during the afternoon games. The bar is a nice size with two separete areas, one with a long bar with 4 flatscreen tv's and the other section which has the booths, a fireplace with a large flat screen tv as well as other tv's scattered along the walls. They serve the usual beers on tap, including Guinnes and a few others as well as a nice Polish beer (name escapes me now) as the neighborhood is predimonently Polish. The bar also has a really nice patio out back with a few scattered tables as well as a few tvs.

Ferni and I usually grab a stool at the bar where the bartender already knows to switch the tv closest to us to the Redskins game and brings Ferni his Heinekin and me my Stella as well as a bowl full of chips.

The beers are very reasonable at $4 each. They also serve the usual pub grub, but Ferni and I have not eaten here

• Beer Tasting