5 Burros, Queens

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

5 Burros: One of my favorite Mexican Restaurants

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 7, 2009

Cute couple enjoying their drinks

Did someone say Mexican? Okay, I will confess I have not been here in over a year, but nonetheless, as often as I have eaten here before, their food is always good, fresh and inexpensive!!

The service is friendly and laid back and the decor is downright homey, with its chili pepper strings of light and the authentic palapa over the bar, you may just think you're in Mexico!!

Don't forget to order one of their signature drinks which comes in a mason jar adorned with a plastic toy.

Favorite Dish: Anything on their menu is fantastic!! I usually order my chicken chimichanga with salad, rice and re-fried beans a dish I have a hard time finding in other Mexican restaurants.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

5 Burros: My vote for best Mexican

by cjg1 Updated Jul 3, 2007

Best Of: Mexican. I first came to this restaurant back in 2003. What a great top to a fantastic day. It was my first time Forest Hills and I had a great guide. I admit when she first suggested Mexican for dinner I was a little reluctant but when she promised it would some of the best I’ve ever had I decided I had to know for sure. And now I don’t stop raving about it.

The food here never disappoints and the drinks do quite well as well. On weekends you can get food until 1am with other days being midnight. Of course in true NYC outer borough style the place stays open until 4am each night as a bar.

Each drink came with a small plastic toy usually in the shape of an animal. The couple at a table very near us was having quite the fun time with these toys. The shark toy was bigger than the glass. Just a unique feature to this place.

Instant Answers: Queens