International Coffee Shop & Restaurant, Queens

by Gypsystravels
    Delicious beans crackling chicken
    by Gypsystravels
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

International Coffee Shop & Restaurant: Our favorite place to have some good Spanish food

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 12, 2010
    White rice, red beans beef stew

International is a great place for a quick Spanish meal with excellent food!! Ferni and I come to this place when we want some great Spanish but we want to sit. The restaurant is a cafeteria style Spanish place which is quite small with a few booths to the left as you enter and the counter space on the right.

They have a nice size display case with the usual dishes of rices, meats, soups and salads as well as their delicious rotissere chicken. They have a nice selection of dishes you can choose from off their menu, or you can choose something from the hot plate display window.

This is a local joint that caters to the neighborhood with excellent service. Their rotissere chicken is so yummy and juicy that I hardly ever order anything else. Their prices are very reasonble and we have never had a bad meal here.

Favorite Dish: Ferni usually orders his crackling chicken with white rice and beans, side of avocado, I will almost always have their 1/4 rotissere chicken, with either fried plantains (only time I eat them) or a side of rice, whether it yellow or white with beans or their beef stew.

We always have a Malta!