Joe's Restaurant, Queens

66-11 Forest Avenue 718-497-1300

Shrimp Scampi
    by Gypsystravels
  • My Seafood Fra Diavolo (witha bit too much sauce)
    My Seafood Fra Diavolo (witha bit too...
    by Gypsystravels
  • My babe is too cute with his charm bracelet!!
    My babe is too cute with his charm...
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Joe's Restaurant: Joe's Restaurant

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 21, 2008

Shrimp Scampi

Joe's is our favorite Italian Restaurant here in Queens. We usually try to have dinner here at least once a month (more if I can help it).

The restuarant is small and is family run and their service is always impeccable. Diners have been coming here for years and the food seems to be consistently excellent. They will cater to a large group, just call ahead and make reservations.

The atmosphere is cozy enough to have an intimate meal with your loved one or to celebrate birthday or that special occassion with family and friends.

They have a pretty large selection of traditional dishes to choose from as well as excellent wines and mixed drinks.

Favorite Dish: To start, you are brought out a bread basket with roasted green peppers in olive oil for dipping, quite delicious. If I'm hungry then I'll order the fried calamari (yum), mozzerlla sticks, or a shrimp cocktail.

For dinner I have ordered their seafood fra diavolo with fettuccini or spagetti, shrimp scampi with sauteed vegatables, and the steak with garlic mashed and vegatables!!

They make an excellent cut of steak to your order. Ferni is allergic to seafood (what a shame), so he sticks to the chicken cutlet or the steak served with pasta. I have also had their veal francesa with a side of garlic mashed!! Excellent, any item from the menu will be a good one!!

Instant Answers: Queens