Jorge Restaurant, Queens

4 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

689 Seneca Avenue 718-456-3900

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Jorge Restaurant: Excellent Pernil (Roast Pork)

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 3, 2009

Whenever Ferni and I are in the mood for a typical Spanish dish (which is too time consuming for me to make) we order from here.

The restaurant is your typical Spanish "cafeteria-style" restuarant with a large display case with dishes hot and ready for you. The restaurant is nice with a few small tables if you wish to have your meal in but Ferni and I almost always order our food to go. If I already know we'll be ordering here, then I usually will stop by and place my order as its only a few blocks away from our place. If I get home and then decide I want something from here, we place our order for delivery and get our hot meal within 20 minutes.

If you order from the display case, you have a choice of ordering either what they call a "lunch" where they put your choices all together in one plate (usually your choice of rice, beans and meat). The lunch is large enough to share. You can also have the same dishes in an "order" which is more than enough for two/three.

They have a large selection of typical Spanish dishes to chose from with a wide range of different rices like white, yellow, morro, con gandules with pink beans. The sides are usually roast pork (my favorite) rotissere chicken, beef stew, chicken stew, bbq ribs, cod fish, pigs-feet just to name a few.

You can also order from their menu which has a huge selection like mofongo, sancocho, chops, steak, assorted fish dishes.

If you're looking for some good Spanish food a super cheap prices, I'd recommend this place.

Favorite Dish: I usually order the roast pork or the rotissere chicken lunch which is more than enough for me with some left overs for lunch or dinner the next day. Ferni usually has the fried dumpling chicken lunch.

The price of the lunchs are only $6.

Instant Answers: Queens