Ridgewood Eats - Ridgewood Queens, Queens

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Ridgewood Eats - Ridgewood Queens: BAD FOOD AND EVEN WORSE SERVICE

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 12, 2008

Front of the restaurant

UPDATE- I will not patronize or recommend this restaurant again. After writing this tip many months ago I have come here to eat on various occassions and the food has been less than good.

Today, we decided to go out for an early lunch. Ferni ordered a cheeseburger very well done. When the burger came out it didn't look very well, the cheese looked like Kraft singles and it wasn't even melted. Ferni tried the burger taking only two bites before deciding the he wasn't going to eat the burger. He even said that the burger was cold!! I had ordered a grilled chicken panini and when the sandwich came out I knew I wasn't going to eat the sandwich..the bread was not hot and in fact it was soggy!! Yuk!! I dissected the sandwish removing the chicken only eating part of it.

I decided to not say anything about my sandwich but Ferni told the waitress that the burger was not well done and the owner over heard and asked what was wrong. Ferni went on to explain it was not cooked the way he wanted which was very well. At this point the cook was told to make another burger very well done this time and he complained that he did cook it that way, this is when Ferni decided he didn't want another burger (he was afraid of retaliation) and asked it to be taken off the tab.

When we were ready to leave the waitress asked the owner how to remove the burger off the bill and the owner complained that Ferni had eaten half the burger and that I was eating the fries and that he was not taking the burger off the tab! Needless to say we were very upset that an establishment wouldn't try to please the patron, even the waitress knew we shouldn't have paid for the burger and apologized profusely.

Any establishment would want to please their patrons and do the right thing, in this case, take the burger off the bill!!

WE WILL NEVER EVER EAT HERE AGAIN!!

Favorite Dish: Nothing, everything we have eaten here on our last 4 meals has not been good. The chicken tenders are bad, the burger isn't cooked to your liking and if you order it with cheese you will probably get kraft single unmelted. The panini sandwich arrives soggy.

Although a very busy restaurant, don't let the crowds foul you. STAY AWAY!!

Instant Answers: Queens