Rye Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Rye

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Tiki Bar: Summertime Cocktails by the Water

by cjg1 Updated Jul 26, 2011

The Pier Restaurant and Tiki Bar is located in the famous Rye Playland Amusement park in Rye, NY. Fortunately I live in this town so it is a convenient place for my wife and I to pop in for drinks, snacks or the more substantial meal.

The restaurant/Tiki Bar is located right on the Pier with nice views of the Long Island Sound, Rye Beach and Oakland Beach. The location is perfect so even on the warmest of days(most recently we were here during a hot spell with temps over 97 degrees); we have been able to sit outside with a refreshing breeze. There is inside seating as well as outdoor on the deck but we have always chosen outside in order to enjoy the view and weather.

The menu consists of a nice selection of seafood such as whole Maine Lobsters, Fish n Chips, fried seafood platters and oysters. For the land lubbers they have burgers, chicken, salads and sandwiches. My wife enjoys the crab cakes here and I like their Fish n Chips. The appetizers here are also quite nice and large portions. We have made meals out of a single portion of Spinach and Artichoke dip or their Fried calamari. The food here has been very good save one time but I think it was due to it being jam packed as well as late in the evening.

The Tiki Bar is our preferred spot for after work Happy Hour or drinks with friends. The extensive list of beer, wine, sangria, frozen cocktails (the mango strawberry daiquiri is a favorite of my wife) and specialty drinks makes it quite hard to decide on a choice. They even have a Fishbowl drink filled with a rum punch that my wife and her friends enjoy sharing. It’s an 82 ounce bowl of rum punch complete with gummy fish, tropical fruit and plenty of straws to share (they even make a smaller 32 ounce serving as well). Our last visit to the Tiki Bar my wife and her friend polished off an 82 ounce fishbowl by themselves…Whew!

The atmosphere here is great for having a good time with friends while kicking back some drinks and good food. They have live music and bands as well as the fireworks at Playland (Wednesday and Friday nights during the summer); so you’ll always have entertainment. So if you’re in Rye stop by for some Tiki fun!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Rye Bar & Grill: Great Atmosphere and Happy Hour Drinks

by cjg1 Updated Sep 7, 2010

My wife enjoying her Sauvignon Blanc

The Rye Bar & Grill is a place we like to hang out at after work or meet up with friends for Happy Hour. You can find us here at least once a week if not more....The bar area here is very nice with plenty of bar seating as well as tables. There is a nice sitting area by the fireplace as well as a long table with stools in the center of the bar. The service, food and drinks here are always excellent. I usually have a Guiness, Stella or some Johnnie Walker Blue along with some of their delicious sliders. Liz likes their Margaritas, Bellinis, Sauvignon Blanc or a cold glass of Stella with some tasty calamari, pizza, sliders, bean dip or stuffed mushrooms. It's always a fun time and the bar fills up quickly. We are fortunate to be able to walk here and avoid the crowd of people trying to park outside.

There is a nice beer selction both on tap and in bottles:Captain Lawrence, Budweiser, Pale Ale, Bud Light, Guinness, Coors Light, Brooklyn Oktoberfest, Heineken,Stella Artois, Heineken Light, Blue Moon, Amstel Light and Corona. They also have an extensive wine list and make good mixed drinks.

We usually grab a seat at one of the couches in the corner and hand our with friends for some after work cocktails and food. It's always a fun yet relaxing atmosphere; we always have a good time.

Dress Code: Business casual; don't look like a slob or you will definitely stand out.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Rye

Comments

Rye Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Rye nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rye sightseeing.